Past Shaun Edwards - retired 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I support the swans not the players

He is a dud glad he was just a rookie pick

Nearly fell off the chair with trade talk of him
I know where you're coming from but Shauny has literally everything to make him one of the champion players of his generation.

I support the swans not the players

He is a dud glad he was just a rookie pick

Nearly fell off the chair with trade talk of him

You are more than likely right but he's basically free in AFL terms. Nothing lost really. Now had we used a draft pick on him, geez I would be crook on the club too. Grwat back up for the next two years should things go pear shaped & we lose some players to long term injury. If plsying well, he has the body for senior footy. Up to him.

Last edited:

Absolutely anything is a little bit of a stretch.

Has speed and has kicking ability. His scope is massive, just whether he actually wants to put the work in

You are more than likely right but he's basically free in AFT terms. Nothing lost really. Now had we used a draft pick on him, geez I would be crook on the club too. Grwat back up for the next two years should things go pear shaped & we lose some players to long term injury. If plsying well, he has the body for senior footy. Up to him.

I am glad we went this path rather than a trade

I also hopes he proves me wrong

I am glad we went this path rather than a trade

I also hopes he proves me wrong

It's a gamble, but honestly which 3rd round rookie pick isn't an absolute gamble?

Personally the only one I would have considered was Sam Walker and frankly I can see why he was overlooked.

Do you know how he ran in the 3km time trial by any chance?

No idea, but he wasn't last that's for sure. Probably in the first dozen, which is more than acceptable.

No idea, but he wasn't last that's for sure. Probably in the first dozen, which is more than acceptable.
That's a really good sign, at Essendon I think he was around middle of the pack and as we all know, Essendon aren't the best running team and Sydney are. Hopefully that means he's been putting in the hard yards early on.

That's a really good sign, at Essendon I think he was around middle of the pack and as we all know, Essendon aren't the best running team and Sydney are. Hopefully that means he's been putting in the hard yards early on.

The best sign is that from everything we have heard, he has 'bought into the culture of the club'. That goes a long way. It also showed how he was willing to drive all the way to Sydney just so he was at training the next day after the draft. It is a gut feeling, but maybe the penny has dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best sign is that from everything we have heard, he has 'bought into the culture of the club'. That goes a long way. It also showed how he was willing to drive all the way to Sydney just so he was at training the next day after the draft. It is a gut feeling, but maybe the penny has dropped.
I think now he realises that if he wants to be an elite player, he has to work really hard to get to that elite standard. He is all the talent going for him, and if he can add hard work and effort to that, he is going to be some player.

I think now he realises that if he wants to be an elite player, he has to work really hard to get to that elite standard. He is all the talent going for him, and if he can add hard work and effort to that, he is going to be some player.

Yep and he's a perfect player to rookie. If he works hard, he has a spot in our side for years to come. No one can doubt his talent. He has that in spades.

Also keen to see how he goes in the NAB challenge.

Same. Him and Hayward are the ones I'm looking forward to seeing. Florent too but I think they won't rush him.

Hayward looks the goods. Florent might take some time, but he has good attributes and will be worth the wait.

Florent is exactly the player we needed. Him or Simpkin I didn't mind which one, so long as we didn't go KPP with the first 2 picks I was happy.

Beatson mentioned it about Hayward. He was consulted mid season and the acid put to him about working harder. He went away and hired a personal trainer. His running times improved and he shed weight. Beatson mentioned the same thing about Edwards making use of a personal trainer. Swans obviously like blokes who seize their chances and make their own luck. Good luck to both of them. If both work out, Edwards will be yet another who needed to be a rookie before being able to recognise his goals and what was needed to achieve them. Hayward has the same natural talent that Edwards possessed in his youth - but has a more mature, blue singlet work ethic. Gotta like that in a young man.

I know where you're coming from but Shauny has literally everything to make him one of the champion players of his generation.

Thats why the spoon side said stuff this we are super talented

Remove this Banner Ad

Back