Player Watch Billy Dowling - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Too smart to be a bust, footy IQ is really high. His disposal due to his decision making is elite, rarely wastes a disposal in general play, extremely composed
By that I mean the crows are building up their forward and defensive ends currently, and to find a home it will be midfield.

Is he going to be good enough to be a starting mid?
Hope so.

By that I mean the crows are building up their forward and defensive ends currently, and to find a home it will be midfield.

Is he going to be good enough to be a starting mid?
Hope so.

I think he complements your quicker mids.

At best, he will be a balanced mid, at worst a flanker, but don't see him being a bust

We did this recently with Pedlar and Jones (although he hasn't worked out) didn't we? And more than likely would have went with Hollands had he not done his ACL, we also invested in Gallucci with our late 1st rounder.
When you’ve got such a poor record picking decent mids, I can now understand Hamish drafting so many, it’s a scatter gun approach.

Welcome back ABBA, now it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded 79, Our future 2nd, Collingwood's future 3rd for 43, GC's future 2nd and Geelong's future 3rd. Used 43 on Dowling.

Then traded Geelong's future 3rd to Brisbane for pick 50 and picked Bond.
So if we think the Suns and Crows will be around the same mark next year, it was:

Pies 23/3 (~pick 50) -> Dowling + Bond

When you’ve got such a poor record picking decent mids, I can now understand Hamish drafting so many, it’s a scatter gun approach.

Welcome back ABBA, now it makes sense.
Worked well last draft didn't it and I think most will be surprise with Pedlar, he has shown what he can do in the SANFL Finals. Gallucci was Pyke's pick and strangely Jones has the attribute to be an A grade midfielder with elite pace, endurance and strong tackler and can kick both sides.

To be honest it's probably that you can watch a game without noticing him despite the stats saying he's been dominant.
Ball use by foot and speed prob the 2 main things although when you can run all day like he can speed doesn’t matter too much

Consistent prolific ball winner at all levels this year , I don’t think anyone outside of Ashcroft ( possibly Tsatas ) found more of the pill

Be interesting watch re his kicking after being in a professional environment , time will tell

Worked well last draft didn't it and I think most will be surprise with Pedlar, he has shown what he can do in the SANFL Finals. Gallucci was Pyke's pick and strangely Jones has the attribute to be an A grade midfielder with elite pace, endurance and strong tackler and can kick both sides.
So we’ve got all these good mids, did we need more? You can’t have it both ways

So we’ve got all these good mids, did we need more? You can’t have it both ways
Well, only Pedlar has the potential since Gallucci (Pyke's pick) has been delisted and Jones been moved out of the midfield so yes and I suspect we will selected another with our 1st rounder next year. Also Bond is very raw and played very well as an aggressive lockdown defender so not sure he was drafted to develop into a midfielder, we only drafted that tall midfielder we needed.

Last edited:
Ball use by foot and speed prob the 2 main things although when you can run all day like he can speed doesn’t matter too much

Consistent prolific ball winner at all levels this year , I don’t think anyone outside of Ashcroft ( possibly Tsatas ) found more of the pill

Be interesting watch re his kicking after being in a professional environment , time will tell

So you think his kicking is an issue or am I reading that wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back