Player Watch Max Michalanney - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Hinge isn't no slow coach, I seem to recall he played mid/forward mostly as a junior...I had hoped we'd play him wing with that damaging left foot boot.
I like hinge and he should be playing in our 22 but I’m talking a real A grader to long term replace Brodie smith in a very important role

Also wish we looked at Ireland more like other clubs have done

Just won their 2km time trial. Also just received their most improved player and best team-man award. Polled around fourth in their best and fairest from memory. Would be a great pick up if we can get him, especially, as you say, for minimal draft capital.
With this profile the draft capital wont be minimal

I like hinge and he should be playing in our 22 but I’m talking a real A grader to long term replace Brodie smith in a very important role

We tried the Irish experiment a while ago. In the end, they decided that the costs by far outweighed the benefits.

We tried the Irish experiment a while ago. In the end, they decided that the costs by far outweighed the benefits.
Yet we tried again....Cathal Shane who ended up not going through with it after he'd agreed...

McShane_WEB.jpg

RFA

Likely wouldn’t matter if he wanted to leave

Seems a chance to get Essendon captaincy though ?
I'd probably go for Harry Himmelberg ahead of Redmond, I think he has the ability to play defence, mid and forward, and an elite leg.

GWS's cap is still surely tighter than Essendon's so the ability to match an offer would be less I'd think.

There's only been 5 Irish players ever to reach 100 games.

Jim Stynes
Zac Tuohy
Tadhg Kennelly
Pearce Hanley
Sean Wright

And that's dating back to the 80s. A further 5 players hit 50 games.

10 players over 50 games in four decades. Terrible strike rate

Jim Stynes
Zac Tuohy
Tadhg Kennelly
Pearce Hanley
Sean Wright

Yep fair enough

Just recruit a kid that plays like Tuohy or McKenna instead

😂

Jim Stynes
Zac Tuohy
Tadhg Kennelly
Pearce Hanley
Sean Wright

Sounds like our record with first round draft picks lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd probably go for Harry Himmelberg ahead of Redmond, I think he has the ability to play defence, mid and forward, and an elite leg.

GWS's cap is still surely tighter than Essendon's so the ability to match an offer would be less I'd think.
We should be trying for both.

For sure. It’s a rarity that a team is able to grab two high-profile FAs in a year, though (gotta pay them good money for the club not to match and get them across)
We should have the cap space, so money shouldn't be an issue.

Might help if both their sides finish bottom 4 & we are on the rise.

I love this kid already. He is going to get the job done on a weekly basis, for years to come. The perfect Brown replacement, with Ben Hart qualities.

How did Mitch look to you on the weekend, maybe not an A grader but a very solid B+ is well within his scope IMO.

Keane is not your typical Irish recruit, having already been on Collingwood's list. The Pies have already done the hard work for us, identifying his talent and developing him as a player. That significantly changed the cost/benefit ratio, relative to the normal Irish recruit.

How did Mitch look to you on the weekend, maybe not an A grader but a very solid B+ is well within his scope IMO.
Hinge looks like a potential B+ winger

He was prob my best on ground

I also like his attitude , doesn’t just want to have an AFL career but wants to win

I don’t reckon he’s a half back as much as a wing so he’s not a Brodie smith replacement , I’d still draft one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back