Player Watch Lachlan Murphy - 100 Games!

Remove this Banner Ad

What position would he be most likely to play at AFL level?
BP, HBF....or even as a defensive FP, HFF. Goes alright in the midfield the position he predominantly played at TAC level often getting forward and rattling the scoreboard with his booming kick.

Smart use of our SANFL squad.

Bring a guy over who goes undrafted, have a year with him just outside our system to see if we can cut it with an AFL squad at training. Then Rookie List him if he does.

Far better use of our State League team than just recruiting the best players from other SANFL clubs in the hope of winning an SANFL flag to beat our chest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Who would do that???:rolleyes:

What position would he be most likely to play at AFL level?
From What I saw Last year, he is a One for One for Brown, Given a full AFL controlled preseason and he can be a possible Liard replacement. He was a Little Light last year, but he has heart and guts with some skill and vision.
He does, however, remind me of Liard when he was a Rookie.

Not much talk about this bloke but was interesting to hear him say that Pyke called him up and said we've drafted you to play as a forward.

His game last night was an improvement on last week but I think that's a reflection on the team's effort helping him get into the game more. He works his backside off and is handy enough around the goals. Other than Eddie he's really the only other true small forward we have.. even though he's a defender.

Not much talk about this bloke but was interesting to hear him say that Pyke called him up and said we've drafted you to play as a forward.

His game last night was an improvement on last week but I think that's a reflection on the team's effort helping him get into the game more. He works his backside off and is handy enough around the goals. Other than Eddie he's really the only other true small forward we have.. even though he's a defender.

Played Mid/Forward every time I saw him play for the Northern Knights in the TAC Cup Comp usually in tandem with team-mate Matt Signorello. Won the Knights B & F in 2016 playing as a Mid/Forward it was only in the 2017 SANFL season we played him down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knight and Hampton are more flankers than small forwards. Not sure on Galluci yet.
I guess if we count the forwards as a unit of 7 (one who is likely a rotating mid anyway), if we play the 4 of the 5 tall options, Betts, mid rotation...that leaves 1 spot left to play the small, pressure forward who can hopefully capitalise on their opportunities.

Seems a ripper of a bloke

That left foot of his adds a new dimension to what already is a very potent forward line.
Good point.

Out of his other competition, he is the one who could go back as an option against an opposition small forward if they get off the chain or one of regulars gets injured mid game.

I'd say he's the most natural/smartest footballer out of that bunch of forward options also.

Compare that to Cameron who's only .5km/h quicker at 34.6km/h. Doedee definitely a bit quicker than I thought on the eye test too.
Why does Cameron look so bloody fast then?
Maybe he also has crazy acceleration? Lots of times he just runs off... and he's got 5-10 meters separation suddenly. Noone can get near him.

I didn't realize this kid had legitimate express pace.

These numbers are from the AFL at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

Speedsters
1. Lachlan Murphy 34.1km/h
2. Wayne Milera 33.0
3. Tom Doedee 32.8

Compare that to Cameron who's only .5km/h quicker at 34.6km/h. Doedee definitely a bit quicker than I thought on the eye test too.
Add to that...

No wonder Doedee looks so much more capable at ground level than lever. Bloke is very quick.

Why does Cameron look so bloody fast then?
Maybe he also has crazy acceleration? Lots of times he just runs off... and he's got 5-10 meters separation suddenly. Noone can get near him.
Cameron accelerates super quickly and runs flat out until he stops, I.e. he spends more time at top speed. That gives him 5-10 yards on his opponent immediately and then if he is tackling a bloke, the bloke he tackles ends up being hit at full speed, rather than hesitating like the vast majority of quick players.

BP, HBF....or even as a defensive FP, HFF. Goes alright in the midfield the position he predominantly played at TAC level often getting forward and rattling the scoreboard with his booming kick.
The only position you haven' covered is the ruck. Talk about hedging your bets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back