Welcome to Adelaide Rookie Patrick Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, here's the list from 2000 onwards (player in bold are still on the list)

View attachment 442016
I forgot to include Laird, Hartigan and Kelly in my list of current players who started on the rookie list.

That means we have 11 players who started or are on the rookie list (excl CEY), and 3 have already played 22+. You can prob ink in Hugh as well, and Keath as very strong chances to get there. That's a bloody good strike rate - esp if you also include CC.

When we talk about our recruiters, we should always remember the rookie picks.

But probably still gets paid more than what Mattner gets as Sturt Coach?
I don't know but I'd expect it would be less. It's a role for the Paul Thomas/Tate Kaesler no names with minimal or no experience, taken from non-coaching roles in the SANFL.

I don't know but I'd expect it would be less. It's a role for the Paul Thomas/Tate Kaesler no names with minimal or no experience, taken from non-coaching roles in the SANFL.
Are SANFL coaching roles full time or Part time these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 2003 to 2014 we had 45 rookie picks:
100+ games - 1 (Rory Laird)
50-99 games - 6 (Petrenko, Henderson, Wright, Jaensch, Hartigan*, Cameron)
22-49 games - 4 (Griffin, Martin, Callinan, Kelly*)
Less than 22 games - 34 (76%)

Currently we have R'OB, Hunter, Greenwood, Keath, Jarman, Wilson, Murphy & Edwards who are or were rookies

History would say if more than 2 of them play more than 22 games, we've done well.

In 2011 the year Laird was picked we also picked -
Dylan Orval - 0 games
Tim McIntyre - 1
James Craig - 0
Ben Dowdell - 0

It's bloody hard to make it from the rookie list.

Interesting analysis

I don’t think it shows how hard it is to make it from the rookie list, instead I think it shows that rookies are only rookies for a reason

Rumor has it that Reilly beat Mattner for the recent Crows Development position
I think some people are getting confused with the definition of development coach. It means the coach is the one developing, not holding a position where they are in charge of player development. Matt Wright is also in a development coach position.

Back at Sturt this time next year, you shouldnt be doing stuff like that when youre already on the knife edge.

Very disappointing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back