Rookie Welcome to Carlton Alex Mirkov - Pick 6 2021 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

therubbernub

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
mason Cox 211 cm and came from another code. Hopefully Alex will have more of a clue than Cox. Even though he has a volleyball background, the mere fact that he was a blues supporter growing up, would mean that he has probably kicked more than a few footys over the years . Hopefully this translates into a more natural footballer than Cox.

Having Kreuzer as a coach might be the best thing. They might actually complement each other. By the highlights Alex is a natural tap ruckman, something that Kreuzer never was. The tap work doesn’t seem to be where Alex needs help. Reportedly it’s his follow up work after the stoppage. That’s where Kreuzer shined as we all know. If Kreuzer can transfer his knowledge regarding follow up work and around the ground, we might have a really good prospect on our hands. TDK and Mirkov rotating and resting forward could be a real handful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max Leader

Club Legend
Dec 6, 2005
Kaniva
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Kaniva
mason Cox 211 cm and came from another code. Hopefully Alex will have more of a clue than Cox. Even though he has a volleyball background, the mere fact that he was a blues supporter growing up, would mean that he has probably kicked more than a few footys over the years . Hopefully this translates into a more natural footballer than Cox.

Having Kreuzer as a coach might be the best thing. They might actually complement each other. By the highlights Alex is a natural tap ruckman, something that Kreuzer never was. The tap work doesn’t seem to be where Alex needs help. Reportedly it’s his follow up work after the stoppage. That’s where Kreuzer shined as we all know. If Kreuzer can transfer his knowledge regarding follow up work and around the ground, we might have a really good prospect on our hands. TDK and Mirkov rotating and resting forward could be a real handful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He has played 40 games of Australian Rules. So his volleyball background is way overstated.

So far in his games in the VFL he has been used as solely a ruckman. Most players didn’t use him around the grounds as all players didn’t see him as a AFL player but someone who was just filling a VFL spot.

Will need to take him more seriously now.

BrisbaneBlue

Debutant
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it is a great pick. It wasn't as if any other players would have moved the needle for us. Watching the game against Brisbane he looked like a dominant ruckman. He is not only taller than most ruckman, he also has a better leap in much the same way as Nic Nat. Most ruckman even when winning the ruck don't really hit to advantage, this guy has the ability to do that in spades. He is a project and could take some time, but he looks good to me, and could give us a real advantage at stoppages.

Christou2Kouta

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Took less than five minutes into his Carlton career to get injured. If our football club was a meme it would be Sideshow Bob endlessly stepping on rakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad