Rookie 45. Alex Mirkov

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Alex

Our first pick (Pick 6) in the 2021 Mid Season Draft

Carlton VFL ruckman. 210cm 104kg DOB 17/11/1999

Alex Mirkov.jpg

Last edited:

I expressed my (youtube recruiter) concerns about him in the main MSD thread.

However, now that he's at the club, I hope nothing but good things for the (VERY) big fella.

He's a clear example of a 'project player'. Which is fine, as long as the club doesn't turf him after six months. That would be pretty pointless.

However, now that he's at the club, I hope nothing but good things for the (VERY) big fella.

He's a clear example of a 'project player'. Which is fine, as long as the club doesn't turf him after six months. That would be pretty pointless.

Has an 18 month contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed him in the Brisbane demolition. Haven't seen much else but we desperately need a ruckman. So good times

Looked raw as in the South Port game and hobbled off the ground a couple of times.

Glad they’ve given him an 18 month contract because a breeze would blow him over and his endurance ain’t great

His tap work, though, is sweet. So if we can give him a physique and a tank he will complement TDK in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Alex Mirkov, who featured in the opening two games of Carlton’s VFL season in 2021, has taken another step in his rapid rise onto an AFL list, signing an 18-month contract to wear the Navy Blue.

Looked raw as in the South Port game and hobbled off the ground a couple of times.

Glad they’ve given him an 18 month contract because a breeze would blow him over and his endurance ain’t great

His tap work, though, is sweet. So if we can give him a physique and a tank he will complement TDK in 2022.

Time for Russell to break him down.

Has an 18 month contract
signing an 18-month contract to wear the Navy Blue.

Cheers, hadn't seen that. That makes more sense.

That gives him time to grow (for once, meant figuratively!).

Good chance he still isn't AFL ready at that point, but that's enough of a look to make an informed call on his trajectory.

Daniel Bandy started playing amateur football for Kelmscott, was to good and went through Kelmscott seconds to good and played most the year playing league were I meet him (Showing my age) Was Drafted to Freo the next year.

These guys who didn’t play football when young can really develop quickly when in a good system.

Like the pick and will be handy in our 2s this year.

Enter Jack Russell aka back stress reaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back