Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
45 mirkov.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I was simply helping out those who were pissed off with the Boyd selection and may have missed it. Sheesh.....give the sheep a break man. COVID sucks for animals too ya know........haven’t had a good New Zealander in months.........ain’t that right Blue.
Yeah not sure if that one was total surprise...smirnov was talked about a lot. So we just used 2 picks? Boyd and Smirnov ??

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Looked raw as in the South Port game and hobbled off the ground a couple of times.

Glad they’ve given him an 18 month contract because a breeze would blow him over and his endurance ain’t great

His tap work, though, is sweet. So if we can give him a physique and a tank he will complement TDK in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just watched his highlights all from the Brisbane game lol. :p

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I am sure he will be a 'Tsar' for The Baggers (assuming he has a Russian background, otherwise I look a bit Silly)

Given Pittonet's struggles this season (which I think is mostly due to exhaustion being asked to carry our ******* duties for So long), he might not be the most glamorous pick up we could have, but the most essential yes.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
We blinked...
If so, who would we have taken with our first pick if we had have waited on Mirkov? It seems a lot of players touted to be in the mix weren't even selected by anyone or at least went later than people had anticipated. There were always doubts about Callow's athletism for the AFL, for instance, so Hawthorn took a punt with their last pick. I can't say I'm chuffed with the overall result but it seems it was always about needs for most clubs.

I'm not complaining about a 210cm ruck prospect. Ned Reeves seems to be coming along. It wouldn't be bad if we ended up with our own Sandilands.

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
If so, who would we have taken with our first pick if we had have waited on Mirkov? It seems a lot of players touted to be in the mix weren't even selected by anyone or at least went later than people had anticipated. There were always doubts about Callow's athletism for the AFL, for instance, so Hawthorn took a punt with their last pick. I can't say I'm chuffed with the overall result but it seems it was always about needs for most clubs.

Miss the days when SOS would have traded down three times and we'd end up with a complete new centreline.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Looked raw as in the South Port game and hobbled off the ground a couple of times.

Glad they’ve given him an 18 month contract because a breeze would blow him over and his endurance ain’t great

His tap work, though, is sweet. So if we can give him a physique and a tank he will complement TDK in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the very least we know he’ll give our mids first use of the ball if we need to call him up.

2022 probably a bit early though. I think he’ll spend the next 18 months at VFL level trying to find as much footy as possible before we even think about playing him.

Kreuzer will be great for him.

His highlights show some real understanding of how and where to tap the ball as you'd expect from a volleyballer. Some deft touch and some thumping hits to advantage. Seeing Dow and Setterfield get clean ball is nice to see.

Back