"Goddess"
45 mirkov.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluezer

Senior List
Jun 9, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
While what you say of VB is true, there are 6 guys covering 100m2. The aerobic requirements are virtually nil.

Will be interesting to see what his around the ground game can develop into. Just remember it took Gawn 6 years to play decent footy (Alex has had 3years of filling out).

If he could transfer the best part of volleyball - the headshot, just once on Trent Cotchin, then the selection will be worthwhile. Examples below

Talk about putting it down the midfielders throat.

Sheephead

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2009
In a good paddock
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know much about volleyball, but I am surprised by your suggestion that the physical requirements of VB are so high. I would have thought that afl would be far more demanding, especially since VB is an amateur sport. I stand to be corrected though as I know very little about VB.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Fair call too Nub. Volleyball is massive in Europe. Some say bigger than basketball. Truly professional sport. Here in Vic alone we have a big following. Bit like soccer/football in Oz - still evolving on a professional level. The aerobic capacity of an elite volleyballer is highly underrated. Anaerobic capacity is obvious. A 6’11 hitter like Mirkov will consistently have to out jump 7’0 opposition blockers. It’s not simply run, jump, kapow. It’s repeat efforts as the block is generally a wall of two or three blockers and the ball often comes back. Same as a middle blocker, must repeat jump to block 3-4 different hitters. Deft touch and vision (traits of a good tap ruckman) are essential. Repeat jumps are oft. Power through the shoulders and core a must.

Maybe we call him Ivan Miljkovic ‘The Beast’. Serbian superstar - Google him.

It was like watching a feather blow around in the big Harry Maddens early years for sure. We wondered why on earth we recruited him. There is a lesson in that about patience and trust in those that know better than us.
Patience & Trust? On the BigFooty Carlton board? Ok.

-X0qD5o3

Playing for Carlton was his wildest dream? Really?

Mine was where I was getting chased by some unnamed government assassins (Jason Bourne style), which somehow also featured an alien landing. The setting inexplicably changed suddenly to the high school I had graduated from 15 years earlier, where I was now getting chased by assassins AND little green aliens, while I ran past cows struggling to walk up the stair wells. That's a wild dream.

But whatever. Each to their own, I guess.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Playing for Carlton was his wildest dream? Really?

Mine was where I was getting chased by some unnamed government assassins (Jason Bourne style), which somehow also featured an alien landing. The setting inexplicably changed suddenly to the high school I had graduated from 15 years earlier, where I was now getting chased by assassins AND little green aliens, while I ran past cows struggling to walk up the stair wells. That's a wild dream.

But whatever. Each to their own, I guess.
Pffft... That's an episode of Upstairs Downstairs compared to some of mine.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

I can’t wait for Alex Mirkov to make his debut when he comes of age in 16 and a half years.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome Alex :carlton:

Needs to look around for his teammates a bit more. Got some physical advantages. Not sure about 40% of his highlights being music and a still screen, but good luck to the lad. Hope your bagger dreams come true Alex.

How is Bruno Caboclo these days?

Mirkov is a Hail Mary draft pick. Obviously has the height and athleticism but has zero proven performance.

I’m happy to be wrong on this, but I doubt I will be.
Forum poster puts line through new recruit before first game. Receives call from MENSA committee.

Back