News Welcome to Carlton Brad Ebert - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

But ā€” and Iā€™m surprised no one has asked ā€” can he still play through the middle?*

* Based on the picture heā€™s certainly kept fit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what Iā€™ve noted through Ebertā€™s journey is a well regarded/respected guy with a ā€œteam firstā€ mindset as a core.
This would obviously be known and valued by Voss, complimenting the united/committed culture now driving the club.
Working closely with Power and the youth going forward, Ebert can help add to the incremental improvement that would take Carlton to the next ā€œcontendingā€ level ā€¦

Good to see we're still investing in development and not sitting on our hands between seasons. I'm sure Vossy got a good insight into how he rolls in their time at Port. šŸ‘

Seems a good appointment, development and tactics are where we go forward in terms of coaching, these are the areas I see with our off field team that are a little weak.

Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
00A9-300x300.png

Stig O'Hara

The bloke is 32, retired a couple of years ago on the back of injuries. Has filled what I assume was a part time role as a strategic ā€œconsultantā€ with Port since.
I only asked the question as I have no idea when he retired and if he had been doing something with a sanfl club or whatever.
Memory of him was average player,not a good kick,so I wondered why he is employed by us that is all.

I only asked the question as I have no idea when he retired and if he had been doing something with a sanfl club or whatever.
Memory of him was average player,not a good kick,so I wondered why he is employed by us that is all.
Alistair Clarkson couldnā€™t kick over a jam tin and a thug. The coaches with the best records generally are good players but the best ā€¦ look at the attributes ā€¦ tough committed, passionate, leaders.

Alistair Clarkson couldnā€™t kick over a jam tin and a thug. The coaches with the best records generally are good players but the best ā€¦ look at the attributes ā€¦ tough committed, passionate, leaders
No need to be defensive matey,I was merely asking about him as people on here are more cluey about who is doing/ done what than myself.
Also wondering how the interview process went or if Vossy just gave him the job with upper management okaying it.

Last edited:
To be honest not a fan of appointing someone without experience in the role. If his attributes align with our vision of the position, that's great, and may be enough to make him a reasonable appointment.

I would expect though there's more experienced and talented people that have the runs on the board in developing young sportsmen.

Looks like a tap on the shoulder rather than casting the net.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back