News Welcome to Carlton Brad Ebert - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Like this appointment for a couple of reasons. First, my recollection of Ebert is a player who gave 100%, and good skills and Team player. Should be good for development. Second, no hint before today. Still running a tight ship. So, professionalism from 2 levels. Tis good...
Yes i am seeing similar good attributes
The coach and assistants list...has all the ingredients of work ethic..
Die hard Carlton workers in Hamill who is dead set proud to work for Carlton
Hansen,Voss,Power,Ebert.......take your pick,these guys are serious workers,who reek professionaism focus,work ethic
At Carlton..one will drive the other....and the aim is for this dry aura to filter thru to the training and eventually the game results

To be honest not a fan of appointing someone without experience in the role. If his attributes align with our vision of the position, that's great, and may be enough to make him a reasonable appointment.

I would expect though there's more experienced and talented people that have the runs on the board in developing young sportsmen.

Looks like a tap on the shoulder rather than casting the net.
How does one get experience in the role, without doing the role?

"HI, I'd like a job"
"Do you have any experience?"
"No"
"Sorry, we're looking for someone with experience"

"HI, I'd like a job"
"Do you have any experience?"
"Yes"
"Sorry, we're looking for someone fresh and inexperienced"

To be honest not a fan of appointing someone without experience in the role. If his attributes align with our vision of the position, that's great, and may be enough to make him a reasonable appointment.

I would expect though there's more experienced and talented people that have the runs on the board in developing young sportsmen.

Looks like a tap on the shoulder rather than casting the net.
Development roles are generally considered entry level positions (Betts/Selwood) so personally, I'd rather someone fresh than someone that has bounced around for a while but to each their own of course.

IMG_2285.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back