South Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
It's official .......

Welcome Brad!

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-14/lloyd-appointed-head-of-football

CARLTON Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Brad Lloyd in the role as Head of Football.

Replacing the outgoing Andrew McKay, Lloyd arrives at Ikon Park with more than 18 years' AFL industry experience, most recently in the role as the General Manager of List Management at Fremantle Football Club where he sat on the club executive and the football sub-committee.

Really happy they been quick to get this role filled with well spoken about guy by most football people I rate. Now can focus on dealing with finding more help for coaching staff and fixing the mess that is our conditioning and fitness of our player group.

Super bonus if this in any way helps us find a deal with Fremantle for talented young mid Cerra. Really rate the kid like I do our own Dow. Not getting my hopes up on that one but if Cerra wanted to really get back to Victoria we would have to be in box seat one would think.

Last edited:
Handy resume:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-14/lloyd-appointed-head-of-football

Replacing the outgoing Andrew McKay, Lloyd arrives at Ikon Park with more than 18 years' AFL industry experience, most recently in the role as the General Manager of List Management at Fremantle Football Club where he sat on the club executive and the football sub-committee.

Educated with an MBA at Victoria University and Executive Education at Harvard Business School, Lloyd also completed an AFL Executive Course in 2016. He has previously been part of the AFL Player Movement Working Group and was also involved in the GWS Establishment Committee for the AFL. He commenced his career at ESP as Player Manager where he worked for eight years.

You guys will be interested to know that Brad continues the Hawthorn/Carlton connection.

Bolton.
Barker.
Lloyd.
Tim Clarke.

Also, he's the brother of Matthew and, more importantly, they're both the sons of former Carlton player John Lloyd.

You guys will be interested to know that Brad continues the Hawthorn/Carlton connection.

Bolton.
Barker.
Lloyd.
Tim Clarke.

Also, he's the brother of Matthew and, more importantly, they're both the sons of former Carlton player John Lloyd.

No way really that's news to me. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things are looking up. Now we need to revamp strength and conditioning, remove some dead wood and recruit a senior assistant to assist Bolton.

Welcome Brad! Never thought I would be supporting a Lloyd. Let's hope you have nothing in common with your brother Matthew. Oh and please bring Cerra.

Reckon he's a good get. Likes recruiting mids iinm...

Just to name a few - Barlow, Neale, Weller, Fyfe
Phil Smart picked Fyfe as one of his last acts. Lloyd took over the following year.

Lloyd has had a few good year recently but overall he's probably had more misses, our list fell apart after our window closed. Missed both McGoverns even though their dad begged us to take them. Missed Yeo even though he was a Freo supporter and asked us to trade for him, apparently we didn't need anymore of his type.

If you have a look at our Rnd1 selections you'd probably be horrified. However he does seemed to have turned a corner in recent years. The drafts of the last two years have been excellent (Logue pending).

Best part of the club statement was that there was zero mention of his connection to Matthew Lloyd

Surprised this announcement hasn’t attracted a bit more attention on here. Would’ve thought this was a fairly significant appointment for the club, you would think that the head of football would play an important role over the next couple of years as we continue our rebuild.

Actually reckon that appointments like this are often underrated. You tend not to hear so much from the head of football as you do the CEO, senior coach or president but I’d argue the position is just as important.

Here’s hoping it’s a success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back