News Welcome to Carlton Brett Munro - New AFLW List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

“With Brett’s appointment our women’s recruiting team will now sit in the recruiting hub with the men’s recruiting team, providing another great opportunity for integration between our men’s and women’s programs.”
This is potentially huge.

Well obviously.

I’m genuinely interested though. One would hope the AFLW isn’t more lucrative for the male administrators than...you know...the players

The top AFLW players earn $30k a year. You can't hire a full-time McDonald's worker for less than that...

But it's still early days. I think the women's game will go from strength to strength in the years to come. And that will drag wages much higher.

The top AFLW players earn $30k a year. You can't hire a full-time McDonald's worker for less than that...

But it's still early days. I think the women's game will go from strength to strength in the years to come. And that will drag wages much higher.

It's also a three month gig.

Still comparatively low, but they do have the ability to work the other nine months of the year to supplement their salary.

I'd be curious as to whether the AFLW list management job is a full time one. Can't imagine it would be at this stage in the competition's development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Brett. Gotta a good base to build on.

He's probably getting 14% more than women in equivalent positions. :shrug:

Actually when I read integration of the aflm and aflw programs, I assumed he'd be paid the same as some other recruiters and split his time across the men's and women's team.

Welcome Brett. Gotta a good base to build on.

He's probably getting 14% more than women in equivalent positions. :shrug:

Actually when I read integration of the aflm and aflw programs, I assumed he'd be paid the same as some other recruiters and split his time across the men's and women's team.

Yeah, I didn't read it like that at all. Seemed to suggest that there would still be AFL and AFLW recruiters, just that they'd be moving into the same "hub".

I suppose it makes sense that they'll lean on each other a bit, and in times where the AFLW folks are having down time (given the comparatively shorter season) they may be seconded into assisting the AFL recruiters in some capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back