Remove this Banner Ad

NavySteel

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Holy moley. Just watched People’s Presser….

Cook is a seasoned pro.He didn’t speak waffle and corporate jargon to feign knowledge. He was to the point and backed up his ideas. Bloke has vision and knows what it takes to succeed.

I get to deal with execs in my job, and not all are cut from the same stone and others have succeeded (into the role) by attrition. But there are those who are natural born leaders that say things, have a strong plan and then actually make it happen, with everyone on board.

it’s not as common as one might think. And when someone comes along with those qualities, things can change quickly and culture instilled with everyone getting on it. Massive get.

NYCFC

Rookie
Oct 31, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton

Cook is a seasoned pro.He didn’t speak waffle and corporate jargon to feign knowledge. He was to the point and backed up his ideas. Bloke has vision and knows what it takes to succeed.

I get to deal with execs in my job, and not all are cut from the same stone and others have succeeded (into the role) by attrition. But there are those who are natural born leaders that say things, have a strong plan and then actually make it happen, with everyone on board.

it’s not as common as one might think. And when someone comes along with those qualities, things can change quickly and culture instilled with everyone getting on it. Massive get.
I think you're 100% spot on.

Feels like the club has been a semi-professional organization for a lot of years now. Trying to do the right thing, good intentions, but the leadership just hasn't been there. Like you say, Cook strikes me as the kind of leader who makes everyone and everything better.
I also found it interesting in his people's presser when he was asked a question about grooming his successor he said "when we find... IF we choose to go down that route" (or words to that effect). He stated up front this was his last gig, and he'd look to groom and hand over after 3 years, but I like that he's left the door open. Even if to stop the media circus' inevitable fixation on 'when is Cook stepping down?'

Such a great operator.

Davey33

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

Been the best and most important appointment Carlton made in the off season and dare I say in many off seasons.
Professional, considered and very importantly realistic while still with belief.

Such a breath of fresh air to hear someone sound like they actually know what they're talking about.
And he sounds so level headed also, not the usual airy fairy empty promises

Salt Lake Cities

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2007
Utah
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, OKC Thunder
In a world full of bulltish artists, Cook is immediately identifiable as a stand-up guy.

A leader you would work with, not plot behind.
Only just watched the interview and was coming here to say pretty much this

A mate asked me a few weeks ago how I was feeling about everything, just before Cook, Voss etc

There’d been some Cook talk, b70 had hinted as well, and all I said to him was that I wouldn’t have a problem with anything as long as Brian Cook was our CEO

Today I feel even more confident in the man, think we might’ve finally got all of our sh*t in order…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad