teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Which part is blindingly obvious and what which facts have you in hand to state as such?

There's every chance that there has been some 'funny' business has gone down and it's remarkable that anyone can unequivocally state that this has not been the case. What facts are you armed with to make this claim? I'm interested.

The part where the club said they would go through a process to determine the new candidate, like they have for every appointment made since MLG came into power

Yet there are so many that want to think there’s a conspiracy in everything they do, like if Lethlean did get the gig it was because he was always going to and there was no process and it was just a sham when this has absolutely shown to be not the case.

Wouldn’t stop those who love to shout from the tree tops of the fantasy’s they have in their heads from absolutely zero facts known about what happened.

The only fact that matters is they said they were going to go through a process and they quite clearly did

The part where the club said they would go through a process to determine the new candidate, like they have for every appointment made since MLG came into power
Yet there are so many that want to think there’s a conspiracy in everything they do, like if Lethlean did get the gig it was because he was always going to and there was no process and it was just a sham when this has absolutely shown to be not the case.
Wouldn’t stop those who love to shout from the tree tops of the fantasy’s they have in their heads from absolutely zero facts known about what happened.
The only fact that matters is they said they were going to go through a process and they quite clearly did

Which process did MLG employ when he approached Wright from the Hawks?
How much did that 'process' cost us in payouts? Money this club didn't and doesn't have, to splash around.

You say; "The only fact that matters is they said they were going to go through a process and they quite clearly did"
Are you sure Lethlean wasn't offered a job by the club? If so, how was that part of any process?.....or are you sure that didn't happen.....like 100% sure.

Conspiracy theories you say? I say critical thinking, but some people get confused between the two.
I can see several possibilities of what may have happened, without stating as fact that any one actually did.
Hate to quote Andy Maher as an oracle here, but yesterday he said that one would have to be naive to think that everything that comes about at a club, comes about as the club tells it to be. He may just have a point. Let's not be naive.

Maybe it's as simple as that.

If though the CFC saw the way we were viewed, it wouldn't have been out of the question for them to contrive a situation where everyone would be putting one and one together that would ultimately have lead them to an embarrassing end.
That would have been somewhat cheeky and maybe even unlikely, but if they did............................ :)

Not sure what your point is here

Maybe take things at face value ;)

Not sure what your point is here

Maybe take things at face value ;)

There's really no mystery to what I put forward there in that post.

Aph is right though; This is a welcome thread and I'm sure we'll have time to discuss things further in time and in an appropriate thread.
Until then: Welcome again Cain. 10% growth per year, for at least 5 years, please. Thanks. :)

Occam's razor, init.

In the scientific method, Occam's razor is not considered an irrefutable principle of logic or a scientific result; the preference for simplicity in the scientific method is based on the falsifiability criterion. For each accepted explanation of a phenomenon, there may be an extremely large, perhaps even incomprehensible, number of possible and more complex alternatives.

Occams Razor has a function, but the way we use it amounts to something closer to; Don't think. Just accept everything on face value. No thanks.

Too much worrying about how we got somewhere rather than where we actually ended up.

This isn't 9/11. It hardly requires critical thinking. It barely matters.

If we stumbled arse backwards into Silvagni, Bolton and Liddle we still got there. Of course we didn't. Bolton was a genuine process and the only thing stopping us from embracing the idea that Liddle was too is media hypothethising and rumour mongering.

Is it at all possible that those with club contacts don't have them where it counted this time? Is it possible that the board discussed Lethlean as a frontrunner without ever saying they would forego a process first?

We were supposedly interested in the GWS CEO too.

At the end of the day it is funny we got a guy whose skill set more closely mirrored what we need the most. Maybe we tried to poach him at level and appoint another CEO but he wouldn't leave without a plum gig so we let him compete for it.

Apr 26, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems to be a good appointment in terms of improving off-field growth which is obviously a key aim for you guys over the next few years. He has been one of the major players in our membership department which managed to continue to get us to sign up in record numbers year after year despite very limited success. Also the Aligned Leisure business he took management over this year as well has by all accounts far exceeded expectations on profitability, so he certainly seems to know what he's doing. I think as long as you guys feel you've gotten your football department into shape he should be a shrewd appointment.

All the best to Cain, and my thanks for all the work he did for Richmond :thumbsu:

so i've been scouring the internet for any liddle tidbits. what's his thinking? how might that translate to carlton. I found this presentation about demographics.

TLDR: it's about demographics. promote your club into a growth area where there are club supporters with young families

And this about other revenue streams
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-04-12/the-changing-face-of-the-consumer

Back