Toast Cain Liddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Also lots of students in brunswick/carlton. Especially international students who arent likely to buy memberships.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are spot on with this. I would imagine part of Richmonds growth is due to Tigers supporters being in that Mt Waverley/South Eastern corridor where they used to have the development team in the 1970's (Essex Heights ??).

It might seem obvious but to put it bluntly we target areas where people 'breed'. Inner city trendy's and overseas students may have money but they don't breed as much as your 'meat and potatoes' type family out in the estates.

We did the same thing but offered a rebate. Tie that to a membership instead and we would get back the latent support. Opportunity was missed.

Rebate vs 3 game membership or a GA...

You are spot on with this. I would imagine part of Richmonds growth is due to Tigers supporters being in that Mt Waverley/South Eastern corridor where they used to have the development team in the 1970's (Essex Heights ??).

It might seem obvious but to put it bluntly we target areas where people 'breed'. Inner city trendy's and overseas students may have money but they don't breed as much as your 'meat and potatoes' type family out in the estates.
That area seems to be dominated by Hawthorn supporters nowadays. I think they have made significant inroads in the Northern Suburbs in recent times.

Let's not fool ourselves. Negative growth since 2013.
Are there any other Victorian teams (Just about any teams) with negative growth over the same period.
The numbers are s**t. Let's be honest and without excuses.

Honesty? The negative membership growth coincided with the compilation of a playing list described by David Parkin as 'the worst he'd ever seen'. Shane Rogers 21 ND/Rookie selections- 1 hit, 1 question mark(Byrne), 19 fails. Truth hurts.

Honesty? The negative membership growth coincided with the compilation of a playing list described by David Parkin as 'the worst he'd ever seen'. Shane Rogers 21 ND/Rookie selections- 1 hit, 1 question mark(Byrne), 19 fails. Truth hurts.

What has Parkins statement anything to do with our membership numbers growth?

Why would you ignore facts and set out to make excuses? Truth doesn't hurt as it's the truth and you seem to be the one wanting to hide from it and hit on an employee as though it's all his doing. An employee. F....M....D. :) The club was poorly run and was (was?) disorganised.....yes....the club.

We have negative growth numbers. That's the fact.........although we do know that we fudged the numbers a little in '13. That makes it better.

What has Parkins statement anything to do with our membership numbers growth?

Why would you ignore facts and set out to make excuses? Truth doesn't hurt as it's the truth and you seem to be the one wanting to hide from it and hit on an employee as though it's all his doing. An employee. F....M....D. :) The club was poorly run and was (was?) disorganised.....yes....the club.

We have negative growth numbers. That's the fact.........although we do know that we fudged the numbers a little in '13. That makes it better.

The core business is football. Our side by the end of the Malthouse/Rogers reign was as poor as any in recent memory. You don't get members flocking through the family day gates with a wooden spoon side compiled by awful recruiting. I'm not ignoring facts, you seem to avoid Shane Rogers criticism though?

Kids follow superstars like Dangerfield not Blaine Boekhurts. You need star X factor in your team not just success. Its a mixture of personable kid idols/club success and smart marketing.

We did none of the three for the past 15 years.

The core business is football. Our side by the end of the Malthouse/Rogers reign was as poor as any in recent memory. You don't get members flocking through the family day gates with a wooden spoon side compiled by awful recruiting. I'm not ignoring facts, you seem to avoid Shane Rogers criticism though?

I just prefer to go to the root of the problem. (the fish rots.......)
This really isn't the thread to get on this merry-go-round again.
We all have our own ways of viewing at things and that's the way it will remain.

I just prefer to go to the root of the problem. (the fish rots.......)
This really isn't the thread to get on this merry-go-round again.
We all have our own ways of viewing at things and that's the way it will remain.

You called for complete honesty about membership stagnation. We have different views about the root of the problem clearly. Hopefully Cain can improve the situation, with the help of Bolts and SOS.

You called for complete honesty about membership stagnation. We have different views about the root of the problem clearly. Hopefully Cain can improve the situation, with the help of Bolts and SOS.

There's no need to hope when you know what you're doing and you put all the right pieces in their right place and that's not the role of anyone within the football department. Others make the big decisions.

If Liddle fails or is set up to fail, we'll just blame him. That's in our nature. :)

There's no need to hope when you know what you're doing and you put all the right pieces in their right place and that's not the role of anyone within the football department. Others make the big decisions.

If Liddle fails or is set up to fail, we'll just blame him. That's in our nature. :)

Liddle has been in the job for a week and I had no idea about the guy previously, so hope is what I have at this stage. Your sledgehammer is very selective when it comes to past failings, MLG cops the brunt of it, whilst Rogers gets given the 'get out of jail free' card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liddle has been in the job for a week and I had no idea about the guy previously, so hope is what I have at this stage. Your sledgehammer is very selective when it comes to past failings, MLG cops the brunt of it, whilst Rogers gets given the 'get out of jail free' card.

I have to stop on that note.

Welcome again, Cain Liddle. :thumbsu:

I believe we have to plant a flag in some part of the geography of Melbourne.

The Eastern Suburbs have been taken by Hawthorn, Richmond.

The South East by St Kilda.

The Western Suburbs by Footscray/Western Bulldogs.

The North West by Essendon.

The Northern Suburbs, though traditionally a Collingwood heartland is open to us - and a logical choice given our current links with our VFL Team “Northern Blues”.

We have to do it better - I think that’s the new CEO’s brief and main KPI.

if it hasn't happened by then it can't have happened by now - not in the foreseeable future just passed anyway............
How did I miss this truth-bomb?

Oh yeah...it's happening next Thursday a week ago...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back