Toast Cain Liddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Where have you been living. Do you think organisations make money by sharing with the community...
Clubs don't pay tax and the league is not for profit. We also receive money to minimise gambling related advertising from the Victorian government.

Collingwood, Richmond, west coast, north and freo all made profits last year without pokies.

Collingwood, north and Richmond all put real money back into supporter clubs and charities. Don't know about the non Vic clubs.

So yep.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Needs to get rid of our income from Pokies revenue before he earns that praise.
I think that will be a long term goal for him and the club.

Need to build alternative revenue streams first. The ball is already rolling with this but it won't happen overnight.

Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I think that will be a long term goal for him and the club.

Need to build alternative revenue streams first. The ball is already rolling with this but it won't happen overnight.
Build our support base. Eg market our club with the Chinese, Indian, and Sri Lankan communities and business. Build bridges with business people in these communities.

Market ourselves as the club that embraces Australians of all backgrounds eg Italian Greek and Croatian😎 supporters of the past.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Needs to get rid of our income from Pokies revenue before he earns that praise.
The Prez said this the other day: Collectively we are committed to diversifying our revenue streams, which will underpin the financial stability of the Club.

Reckon that reducing our pokies dependence is tied in with that. Ideally we can build our membership and other sources of income to a point where we can gradually phase out slot machines. Harder to say than do, but hope we get there eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Easy way to pay off the 4million.

Setup a kissing booth... $5 to kiss Cripps... give it a week.. debt gone... even opposition supporters would pay.
principal-anderson-billy-madsion.png

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
One very impressive mofo this bloke, some very good news in a very difficult year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
One very impressive mofo this bloke, some very good news in a very difficult year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Appreciated listening to Liddle, and getting this conversational style update in relation to the Strat Plan. But doesn't Andy Maher also do a great job... Chuffed to have him as a supporter of the club.

marleyblue

All Australian
Jan 7, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Can anyone advise how to watch the video? I find the Carlton and AFL websites absolutely hopeless - I have tried on three different browsers - chrome, edge and Explorer and can't even get the video section of the website to load any content. 2020 and they can't manage a website :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back