Rookie 41. Dom Akuei

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly come athletic ability to work with and some nice skills displayed in the highlights. Some are saying he might be raw, that is ok, if you can run and jump and mark like that then being raw isn't a big deal.

Hope he is developed as a CHB and third tall type. I can see him playing his early games in the back pocket if he gets his intercepting game going. A tall who is quick and agile enough to play on smalls but has the leap to play on a resting ruckman is something Carlton hasn't had in many years so that is probably going to be his way into the senior team.
Great Post. And from what I have seen this guy is he most exciting prospect we have recruited in many years. this guy will be a gun.!!!

Finally an academy produced player to try....a bit like the days when we had under 19's. The odd one goes alright at senior level and they know the club. Welcome aboard Dom.

I think its not just about will a player be any good for us its also giving young people the chance as a reward for effort. Wether he plays in a premiership or just makes a club list once he wont forget it ever.

Finally an academy produced player to try....a bit like the days when we had under 19's. The odd one goes alright at senior level and they know the club. Welcome aboard Dom.

I think its not just about will a player be any good for us its also giving young people the chance as a reward for effort. Wether he plays in a premiership or just makes a club list once he wont forget it ever.
Spot on it’s about giving a youngster the possibility of living a dream, trying their best to achieve their goal. Dom’s preference is to be a good AFL footballer, a Bagger, welcome and all the best mate.

Last edited:
Also, I can't believe we actually found someone from our zone!!!

I think our NGA zone is about one and half streets in Whittelsea, but excludes any odd-numbered properties, all brick veneer houses, strata-titled dwellings and players whose surnames don't rhyme with Louie....

quoted for accuracy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the start of his interview on the Carlton app. He seems smart but very chilled and laid back. He said that he was called into a meeting with the coaches. He referred to the people at that meeting as ‘Vossy etcetera”. So hereinafter I think we should all refer to our Carlton coaches as “ Vossy etcetera”! Lol.

I think there is going to be quite a few players with African heritage joining the competition in coming years. The athletic ability is through the roof, perfect for our game. Good luck Dom, look forward to seeing him develop.

I suspect guys like Mac Andrew going Top 5 is going to be the norm in the coming years.

I suspect guys like Mac Andrew going Top 5 is going to be the norm in the coming years.
Not sure what the Dees did to get the Stingrays zone , but they might be sitting on a goldmine there. Hopefully the AFL change the rules again if that eventuates.

Not sure what the Dees did to get the Stingrays zone , but they might be sitting on a goldmine there. Hopefully the AFL change the rules again if that eventuates.

Same with the Bulldogs and the Western corridor.

Going to be some elite players unearthed from the Western Jets.

Big welcome from me!!!!! Like the way the kid speaks. Nice.
Speaks well quiet assured confidence.Didn’t rush his answers sees himself playing chb or fb
Diamond stud in each ear I’ve got a feeling he doesn’t lack confidence or flair
I’m looking forward to his progress in the 2s I’ve got a feeling he’s going to be a player
Welcome Dom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back