Universal Love Welcome to Carlton - Fraser Phillips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mediumsizered

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Grandson of Ken Phillips, who played 60 games for South Melbourne from 1963-1969 & would have been a teammate of Max Papley at the Swans. I see what our recruiting team have done here.

I see young Fraser (good to have another Fraser on our list, some of them win premierships) had 20 disposals & kicked 5 goals in a game against the Oakleigh Chargers this season.

ferrisb

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2011
The Naughty Corner
AFL Club
Carlton
Draft Central has him in the 25-50 range. From the 12 phantoms I tracked, he was picked in 6 of them - in the range of 33-55.

So he was on a lot of radars. Seems a good get at rookie pick 18.

And he seems the right kind for a rookie pick. Has serious x-factor and huge upside, but hasn't pieced it all together yet. He made the champs (but didn't play much and didn't do much).

Maybe he will make it, maybe he won't. But I like these kinds of boom/bust choices in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluez Rule

All Australian
Nov 8, 2011
Farnarcklia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Renegades, DJR Penske, Trent Rckts
I like the look of this pick.

Basically, handcuff him to Ed, and work his arse off on the track. Then set him loose, and ask him if he has a new lease on life now he can run for 4 quarters.
Wasn't Levi handcuffed to Eddie on a certain boat trip many years ago? Not sure that ended as well as it could have...

KnaveyBlue

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Wasn't Levi handcuffed to Eddie on a certain boat trip many years ago? Not sure that ended as well as it could have...
Houlihan from memory. The least he could have done was transfer some of his kicking accuracy to Levi via osmosis.

Edit: Hoops was the cruise organiser/captain. Unsure who Levi got handcuffed to.

Top Bottom