Past 39. Fraser Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Grandson of Ken Phillips, who played 60 games for South Melbourne from 1963-1969 & would have been a teammate of Max Papley at the Swans. I see what our recruiting team have done here.

I see young Fraser (good to have another Fraser on our list, some of them win premierships) had 20 disposals & kicked 5 goals in a game against the Oakleigh Chargers this season.

Draft Central has him in the 25-50 range. From the 12 phantoms I tracked, he was picked in 6 of them - in the range of 33-55.

So he was on a lot of radars. Seems a good get at rookie pick 18.

And he seems the right kind for a rookie pick. Has serious x-factor and huge upside, but hasn't pieced it all together yet. He made the champs (but didn't play much and didn't do much).

Maybe he will make it, maybe he won't. But I like these kinds of boom/bust choices in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind getting a speculative type with a massive potential, for not much.

If he doesn't work out, oh well (best of luck to him though), but if he does could be a massive steal.

I like the look of this pick.

Basically, handcuff him to Ed, and work his arse off on the track. Then set him loose, and ask him if he has a new lease on life now he can run for 4 quarters.
Wasn't Levi handcuffed to Eddie on a certain boat trip many years ago? Not sure that ended as well as it could have...

Wasn't Levi handcuffed to Eddie on a certain boat trip many years ago? Not sure that ended as well as it could have...
Houlihan from memory. The least he could have done was transfer some of his kicking accuracy to Levi via osmosis.

Edit: Hoops was the cruise organiser/captain. Unsure who Levi got handcuffed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back