Senior 21. Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't really believe he is a blue. This is a HUGE acquisition. Best 22 player immediately for us. Creates depth right off the bat. So much competition for midfield/half forward spots.

Tier 1. Cripps, Murphy, Curnow
Tier 2. SPS, Walsh, Martin, Setterfield
Tier 3. Fisher, Cuningham, Dow, Stocker, Kennedy, Gibbons, O'Brien, Newnes
Tier 4. Philp, Honey, Kemp (injured), Ramsay Lang, Polson

It's going to be tough to fit them all in. Can't wait to see how some of those Tier 3 boys come on.

Last edited:

JMGallery5Nov29.jpg

JMGallery3Nov29.jpg

JMGallery2Nov29.jpg

JMGallery6Nov29.jpg

Wrong again Kingy 👍👍👍👍

Wow King is a nuff.

I mean, firstly none of those players North chased actually ended up choosing them, despite throwing huge contracts at them...that's why they got slammed. Could add Josh Kelly as well.

Only reason we didn't get Martin is because of GC being ridiculous.

Wow King is a nuff.

I mean, firstly none of those players North chased actually ended up choosing them, despite throwing huge contracts at them...that's why they got slammed. Could add Josh Kelly as well.

Only reason we didn't get Martin is because of GC being ridiculous.

Kingy is also as quick and fond of using the block button on Twitter as Tom Browne 😆😆

GC have been appalling this trade/draft period. Choked by high draft picks they have sought to make “statements “ rather than plan carefully.

Result: they have wasted draft picks with us over Martin (and held back his preseason), wasted draft picks with us to get Flanders, wasted their future draft pick with Geelong to get Sharp.

They are an amateur outfit. They now have, for a second time in their short history, a huge haul of young talent. There is little around them to believe these kids will be given the time to learn and develop good afl practices before they get frustrated and leave for other clubs to show the promise they have.

Anyway we have secured a talent in Martin at the tail end of the first exodus. Give it three years and then let’s see what is on offer as the current pool of talent drains away to the rest of us.

We managed to get Jack Martin for free.

We managed to get Sam Philp for free.

I, for one, welcome GC's appalling trade/draft period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather Martin be the one delivering the ball inside 50, rather than him on the receiving end.

But geez he has class around goals.

InsertMexicanGirl.gif

That’s how I originally pictured him, but after watching those highlights I didn’t realise how opportunistic he was around goals. He could easily fill our small forward void this year with Eddie, then rotate off a high half forward with Paps in 2021 ;)

Gives us so many options and can really only get better.

Wrong again Kingy 👍👍👍👍

3 players that didn't want to go to Norf at all vs 1 player that did want to go to Carlton but was prevented by the absurd rejection of a fair trade offer.

As they say on Sesame Street, one of these things is NOT like the others.

But I fully understand how David King could get them confused.

Never change Kingy. :drunk:

Last edited:

Sensational photos. Looks happy and the bullshit Cochrane put him through for over a month is now over.
Weclome Jack and hope you enjoy the rest of your career playing with mates like Crippa, Samo and even Eddie in his last year or two.
Other guys have tread this path befoe like David Rhys-Jones, Dean Rice, Greg Williams, Earl Spalding, Adrian Hickmott, Matthew Lappin and Heath Scotland.
All made the best time of their career here and now you can too.
Make it count young fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back