Senior 21. Jack Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Jack Martin Day everyone!

Suns filled their list at the draft and the Demons have spots left for Brown and Bennell who have been flagged as their choices.

Welcome Jack and thanks for your patience while we dealt with the amateurs running the league and your former club.

Looking forward to you adding to what is shaping as a very exciting Blues outfit in 2020.

Love that Carlton put GC Under Pressure to not lose their man for free but Carlton said Don’t Stop Me Now when they said kiss my arse to that notion and then GC tried to play Johnny Big Balls by thinking they’re going to be bringing the Hammer down but in the end Carlton are going to find Somebody To Love by drafting Jack Martin today and in a few years when GC get disbanded, they will start chanting Who Wants To Live Forever and Craig Cameron will be asking who is going to Save Me when no other clubs wants to hire him. And in the near future, Carlton will be producing A Kind Of Magic.

I’ll see myself out.

First of all: Welcome Jack
Sorry it took so long to get you to the club but we got there in the end.

I want to hear from Cochrane now.
He couldn't wait to get in front of the media, waving his club around.
I wonder whether he'll be stepping forward as quickly now and what he may have to say. What can he say?
His club blew a first, second and third round pick across the trade/draft periods and for what? To be viewed as fools?

I wonder whether he'll be stepping forward as quickly now and what he may have to say. What can he say?
His club blew a first, second and third round pick across the trade/draft periods and for what? To be viewed as fools?
Hope SEN get him on the phone.

All that hot air for nothing. What a clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they did the sensible trade with us, they could have offered the Cats the big overs of 2 future 2nds and a future 3rd for Sharp, and still been significantly better off

If they did the sensible trade with us, they could have offered the Cats the big overs of 2 future 2nds and a future 3rd for Sharp, and still been significantly better off

Where would the fun be in it for GC to make sensible trades?

Was like watching Crazy Voss with a real nasty streak.

Good on the club for doing it the right way - they offered a fair enough price and stuck to their guns knowing there is another way to get him. Martin, the highly touted junior - time to put the hard work in and deliver. Perfect age profile and skill set we need if he can fulfill his promise.

GC have been appalling this trade/draft period. Choked by high draft picks they have sought to make “statements “ rather than plan carefully.

Result: they have wasted draft picks with us over Martin (and held back his preseason), wasted draft picks with us to get Flanders, wasted their future draft pick with Geelong to get Sharp.

They are an amateur outfit. They now have, for a second time in their short history, a huge haul of young talent. There is little around them to believe these kids will be given the time to learn and develop good afl practices before they get frustrated and leave for other clubs to show the promise they have.

Anyway we have secured a talent in Martin at the tail end of the first exodus. Give it three years and then let’s see what is on offer as the current pool of talent drains away to the rest of us.

Was like watching Crazy Voss with a real nasty streak.

Yes. That was the most annoying thing about the Cochrane message.
It had a very nasty streak at its heart and one that demeaned Martin, the CFC, maybe the AFL (maybe) and his own recruiters.
If The President of the club usurped the people charged with making football-related decisions, for the sake of a 'we'll show them' exercise....That's not good.
It's what we don't like about our own club when a rogue element takes it upon themselves to make hero calls off their own bat. The bad will almost always be larger than for any good that may come about.
Good on GC for signing Lukosius but I doubt that came about for any fear of the club.

Anyway, welcome Jack Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back