Carlton
21 martin.jpg

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
By the way, a special thank you to Dodoro for making it all happen.

Last year when Jack was looking to be traded to *, they were too focused on getting the Shiel trade done, and it all fell over.

The Shiel trade was the gift that keeps on giving for the Blues....we kept our pick 1 to draft Sammy Walsh, our 2019 first round pick to draft Kemp and Philp....and we got Martin for nothing.

Thank you Adrian from all Carlton supporters 😍

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy

Last year when Jack was looking to be traded to *, they were too focused on getting the Shiel trade done, and it all fell over.

The Shiel trade was the gift that keeps on giving for the Blues....we kept our pick 1 to draft Sammy Walsh, our 2019 first round pick to draft Kemp and Philp....and we got Martin for nothing.

We were never trading pick 1 last year for Shiel.
It would have been our round one pick we just took to the draft and tried to trade in deal for Papley.
In reality Shiel not coming has led long term to us having Kemp and Philp. Maybe Martin too as doubt we could have front loaded Martin contract as much as we did for PSD if we had got Shiel a year ago,
So maybe Shiel for Kemp, Martin and Philp is one way of looking at it long term.
Anyway, thanks Dodo.
I think Dodo was feeling it yesterday having little he could do in this draft, all because he gave more than he originally wanted for Shiel...lol

..........and they had no picks early and shiel keeps kicking to the opposition............

Last edited:
Also the bloke that called me a racist for suggesting Martin will play as a forward......but that for another day..:D:p

That's just silly isn't it? Surely no one is that much of a ........

Silvagni must then be racist also because he stated that Martin will play forward ____ How dare you? I should be at school.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
Welcome Jacky boy now get to work, has heaps of natural talent but now we get to see whether he has the fortitude to push on to the next level, really hope he does and puts in a huge pre season under Russell as he could very well be the recruit of the year if he is willing to work for it. Seems to be pencilled in as a forward I’m hoping a high half forward more so than a forward pocket as he would make a great link man delivering inside 50 as well as kicking goals himself, should work well with Eddies guiding influence and a big Russell pre season.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Question to Martin - Where do you expect to play?
Martin - Aaah, forward.....forward.
Have a funny feeling Martin will play forward.

Hasn't really sunk in yet for the talent we've just been gifted by Cochrane. Thank you Gold Coast.

Yep, sounds like a defined role in place, with some bursts through the midfield mentioned to chop out.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Question to Martin - Where do you expect to play?
Martin - Aaah, forward.....forward.
Have a funny feeling Martin will play forward.

Hasn't really sunk in yet for the talent we've just been gifted by Cochrane. Thank you Gold Coast.

Essentially free premium asset, you love to see it.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome Jacky boy now get to work, has heaps of natural talent but now we get to see whether he has the fortitude to push on to the next level, really hope he does and puts in a huge pre season under Russell as he could very well be the recruit of the year if he is willing to work for it. Seems to be pencilled in as a forward I’m hoping a high half forward more so than a forward pocket as he would make a great link man delivering inside 50 as well as kicking goals himself, should work well with Eddies guiding influence and a big Russell pre season.

Totally agree with you re position.
“Forward” could mean a lot of things, but I do agree he is much better utilised as a high half forward. He is an excellent mark for his size, so resting as almost a full forward out of the goal square could give our attack another look as well. With our increased midfield depth I’d also love to see Crippa playing in that Dusty/Danger role, one out in the 50.
So many options, gonna be fun to see what Teague and crew have up their sleeves.

Few Suns fans having a cry in the ex-Suns thread on their board if you want a quick bemusement. Literally probably all 3 of their fans, but still.
I had to cack at seeing the "where are they now?" thread has 109 pages and is far and away the biggest on their board.......where'd he go? where'd he go?

What

What a self important cabbage Kingy is along with "this is a disaster for Carlton" Damian Barrett. I note that the much maligned Kane Cornes and other more pragmatic media types didn't react in the same way after our trade period.

He at least admitted it yesterday

Back