Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys like Newnes can play a number of positions, FP, HF, HB, wing, Martin similar
Marchbank is only a 3rd tall, Doc especially with his knee troubles HB, Simmo small backman, Dow only a grunt inside mid Willo, Cuners injury prone, hence why I also think LOB will be in the mix ahead of others
Guys with versatility are gold

......and guys that play their favoured position to maximum effect are platinum :)

Anyway, all the best to Newnes.
One of the few discarded uptakes I've liked.

Good luck to Newnes, I admit to having some reservations on the merits to picking him up, but everyone deserves a warm welcome and a fresh start at their place of employment (in this case, a footy club), and I only wish Jack the very best of luck and my full support. If as other's have said, he can be a bigger, more mature and robust body in the guts to help protect many of your young framed kids who have yet to bulk up, well then, he is doing pretty much what we require of him 👍👍👍

Also everyone looks better in Navy Blue 👊👊👊

Happy with this addition. Will be a solid player for CFC.
Hopefully not solid in the same way Brackets was before Russell went boot camp on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy can play. I remember he killed us at docklands a couple years back in that murphy v carlisle game.

Great tank and good disposal and can play behind the ball if needed. And for once we sign a player who's durable. Started this year really well but faded terribly. Maybe just needs a fresh start. zero risk high reward.

Just going through the midfield names now: Walsh, Murphy, Curnow, Newnes, O'brien, Gibbons - There is an absolute shitload of running power there.

Hoping like every one that the last 18monnths - 2 years are a blip in his form. It must be hard to stay positive playing at St Kilda but I'm sure Teague and Co can de-sanctify and help him find some form.
With some hard work Newnes should have a great first year as long as he stays adjective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back