Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

ParapMarkets

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Saints obviously didn't want to let him go, offered him a 2 year contract, which he told them to politely gagf...

B70 mentioned a few weeks back that we were interested in a player, not through a trade, who was unhappy at his current club.

He could potentially be a bit of a steal....definitely aint a spud...
He obviously got a low offer from the Saints, they would’ve preferred to keep him but I don’t think they are too fussed.

I like he’s a good recruit though. We are getting him for nothing and the fact he went through free agency unclaimed would suggest his salary won’t be that much. He’s had a big reality check, he would’ve been on very good money at the Saints up until now. I’m hoping this will give him the motivation to kick start his career, he’s still young and, despite the fact his career has plateaued, he ain’t a spud (as you said) he is genuine AFL quality.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
He certainly hasn't signed with Carlton to go play in the 2's. This guy can run all day and he's had an indifferent year with the pressure on Richardson. Had a 2 year offer on the table so is joining us to play the position/role he clearly sees himself best at which Saints couldn't guarantee. Clearly unhappy with happenings at the club and they haven't done a good enough job to keep him tucked away to convince him to stay. He's gonna battle with Curnow preseason to push for fittest player and that's only going to elevate the whole side. Really like this pick up. Can see him averaging 25 disposals a game and with Curnow and Walsh we have some serious running power.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
He certainly hasn't signed with Carlton to go play in the 2's. This guy can run all day and he's had an indifferent year with the pressure on Richardson. Had a 2 year offer on the table so is joining us to play the position/role he clearly sees himself best at which Saints couldn't guarantee. Clearly unhappy with happenings at the club and they haven't done a good enough job to keep him tucked away to convince him to stay. He's gonna battle with Curnow preseason to push for fittest player and that's only going to elevate the whole side. Really like this pick up. Can see him averaging 25 disposals a game running from contest to contest and link up and with Curnow and Walsh we have some serious running power.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
He's gonna battle with Curnow preseason to push for fittest player and that's only going to elevate the whole side. Really like this pick up. Can see him averaging 25 disposals a game and with Curnow and Walsh we have some serious running power.
I think you may have missed someone....I reckons Gibbo is going to play some serious midfield minutes going forward, and rack up some impressive stats along the way. It's in his dna....

Having said all that crap, Newnes will become a welcome member of the 'oxygen brothers' :thumbsu:

1572611414604.png

Blue Rising

Senior List
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Saints obviously didn't want to let him go, offered him a 2 year contract, which he told them to politely gagf...

B70 mentioned a few weeks back that we were interested in a player, not through a trade, who was unhappy at his current club.

He could potentially be a bit of a steal....definitely aint a spud...
Think he was alluding to Martin, remember he said something about 97 games and being unhappy at his current club

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I know that, was saying B70 awhile back said that the said player had played 97 games or would play his 100th at a different club after becoming disgruntled. That would count Newnes out. Pretty sure he meant Martin but can't find the post now to re-read what he said exactly

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Check the Bluemour File.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I think you may have missed someone....I reckons Gibbo is going to play some serious midfield minutes going forward, and rack up some impressive stats along the way. It's in his dna....

Having said all that crap, Newnes will become a welcome member of the 'oxygen brothers' :thumbsu:

View attachment 773293
Imagine if we are lucky enough to get Stephens in the DRaft. This side will put oppositions into serious oxygen debt mother *ers!

Eddie. CC. Newnes. Gibbo. LOB. Stephens. Walsh. Oxygen reserves (get it?): Murph, Doc, Simmo, Kreuzer (yes, huge tank).

Fantastic.

He certainly hasn't signed with Carlton to go play in the 2's. This guy can run all day and he's had an indifferent year with the pressure on Richardson. Had a 2 year offer on the table so is joining us to play the position/role he clearly sees himself best at which Saints couldn't guarantee. Clearly unhappy with happenings at the club and they haven't done a good enough job to keep him tucked away to convince him to stay. He's gonna battle with Curnow preseason to push for fittest player and that's only going to elevate the whole side. Really like this pick up. Can see him averaging 25 disposals a game and with Curnow and Walsh we have some serious running power.
Appreciate the insight. Know very little about this chap. Sounds very promising. :thumbsu:

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 773293
And that s why Russell is on the CFC paylist
long presason ahead...will end up with an elite Hawks style unit just based on training and hard work
And dont forget the left overs need to lift northern as well so all are winners all of the time
Would be interesting to see
Ed
Newnes
Gibbons
Walsh
OBrein

some good runners
:hearteyes:

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Easy to lose form and confidence when you’ve been a club for so long, given your all and they’ve stayed in the bottom half of the ladder your entire career - and are still in no man’s land.

Sounds like changing clubs was the best thing for him, and we’ve picked him up right when his value has dipped.

Back