Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

Can't say exactly why, but every day has me liking the pick up of Newnes just a little more.

He can run, links-up well, is a good mark for is height, can kick a goal, makes for a quality individual and leader around the club........and he's next to free.

Not getting any Shaw, Mullet, Fasolo, O'Shea, Bugg vibes about him at all. :)

Yubby

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Can't say exactly why, but every day has me liking the pick up of Newnes just a little more.

He can run, links-up well, is a good mark for is height, can kick a goal, makes for a quality individual and leader around the club........and he's next to free.

Not getting any Shaw, Mullet, Fasolo, O'Shea, Bugg vibes about him at all. :)
Completely agree Harks. At the very worst we have an experienced player who can really put pressure on those in front of him to hold their spots. We all know competition for spots is what every successful team has and this is a really important part of us taking the next step. At best he is solid contributor to our best 22 that brings leadership, run and good ball use.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Appreciate the insight. Know very little about this chap. Sounds very promising. :thumbsu:
Spent 4 years in their leadership group to put it in some perspective. That's the esteem they held him in at the club and is just going to add more leadership to our younger brigade on field (and off field during training) which is awesome.

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think you've got a really good deal getting Newnes for nothing. There's been a fair bit of negativity on the Saints boards for a couple of seasons but most is unwarranted.
He's pretty good overall, quick enough, good kick and a decent mark for his size. Probably best suited to wing or half back so I think if he's left there he'll do well.

Spent 4 years in their leadership group to put it in some perspective. That's the esteem they held him in at the club and is just going to add more leadership to our younger brigade on field (and off field during training) which is awesome.
This is all extremely positive. Good news. :carlton: :footy: :thumbsu:

I think you've got a really good deal getting Newnes for nothing. There's been a fair bit of negativity on the Saints boards for a couple of seasons but most is unwarranted.
He's pretty good overall, quick enough, good kick and a decent mark for his size. Probably best suited to wing or half back so I think if he's left there he'll do well.
how come there are so many gooses on your board? everyone on this board is level-headed, open-minded and agreeable.........

Back