Past Jarrod Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

This could end up a very good get guys, I seen a little bit of this guy when I was in Sydney, people always say he lacks work rate, but they don't realise he naturally isn't a 15/16+ beep test type of player, he is explosive like Tippa from us, he fades in and out of games but 15-20 possessions from him and he will have impact. honestly he will take a little while to put it all together but if/when he does you will have a seriously dangerous player on your hands.

In my opinion he will be the perfect project player, because some of the magic he can bring is elite.
I bloody love watching players like Pickett who play with pure magic.
staying indigenous what I'd give for some of this bloke's match-winning freakishness - with you guys on the receiving end for a change - didn't end well for andrew but he was some sort of jet - continually stole games away from us.......

show_image.php

staying indigenous what I'd give for some of this bloke's match-winning freakishness - with you guys on the receiving end for a change - didn't end well for andrew but he was some sort of jet - continually stole games away from us.......

show_image.php

Lovett, Long, Wanganeen, Rioli, now Walla / Tipungwutti, I think Essendon fans have been pretty lucky with the talented indigenous players we have had.
Amazingly it was Walla in the last round which kicked 4 goals against your mob.
I'm bloody glad Betts has moved on, he destroyed us way to many times.

My favourite 2 would be Peter Matera & Andrew McLeod, what I would give to have one of these guys playing in my team.
Even watching Wirrapunda at WC for a while was electrifying.

show_image.php
If we're talking indigenous players, it doesn't get any better than McLeod...

How's the lisfranc injury coming along? Looks like a jet in full-flight.. With some luck, this kid could be anything.

He's 20 years old. I'd expect him to be eased into footy from his injury and not play till the back end of the season. Wont do a full preseason till 17/18 IMO.

Zero reasons to rush him, and every reason to take extra time.

He has been out for a while now already, i would hope his injury would be healed fully by Xmas and ready to resume pre season training with the group in the new year. As long as he keeps himself in reasonable condition and doesnt put on too much weight there is absolutely no reason he can not be in the team round 1.

Pickett & Sumner to do damage together!! Finally getting some quality small forwards to replace the 3 amigos

I think this is the part people have wrong, from what I have seen and read he is a pure midfielder/winger and shouldnt be pigeonholed as a small forward because of his size.

Needs to lose some weight I'd say.

Based on pictures of him he doesn't seem in peak physical condition. Although that probably has something to do with the fact that he has had a foot injury for the best part of the year.

Also I'm sure with our fat club program he'll shape up alright :)

We managed to keep Lance Whitnall below 100kgs so should be okay with Pickett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett is a fantastic get . . . . if we have done due diligence on his foot injury.

The only real comparison with Yaz is they are both fast. Yaz was no good as a midfielder, great 1 on 1 and an outstanding kick for goal or to position. Pickett does not look to have those talents but the highlights show he moves through heavy traffic with instinctive gives at high speed that make me drool at his outside mid potential - just the area we need to bolster most. Watch out Caleb Daniels!

As to the foot injury, having a screw inserted into the foot underlines the seriousness of the condition. There is a risk from such injuries that the foot is never able to recover to allow painfree, fluent, unrestricted foot use. Having had the surgery in April it must be apparent to any medicos who have looked at him recently whether his recovery is likely to be near enough 100%.

I just hope the Club have done due diligence so our hopes for Pickett are not dashed before we ever see him dashing.

From his highlights he seem to glide and look like he is in 2nd gear yet others are struggling to keep up. Always a great sign. Also love the confidence to take people on. Looks a natural footballer, could be anything....or could be washed up with a busted foot. Here's hoping for the former.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back