Chelsea FC
Daniel Rioli drafted 2015, gets premiership in 2017 in his second season
Willie Rioli drafted 2016, gets premiership in 2018 in his second season
Kosi Pickett drafted 2019, gets premiership in 2021 in his second season

Hope Jesse Motlop is our success story

Watch the part where he’s on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at his eyes and cheeks, when his on the phone and with Austin
It's pretty hard to dispute that really guys... you could see it in the creases around his eyes... he was ******* stoked to get Motlop.

Honey out, Martin in, and JSOS up on a HFF and Motlop in the pocket.

Martin Curnow JSOS
Durdin McKay Motlop
I reckon that Martin will be spending a fair bit of time in the middle or on the wing until we get Cuningham back. I quite liked Honey as a lead up HFF/defensive forward. With Motlop in the side now, we have an abundance of smalls for our forward line. People seem to be forgetting that Owies came on like a steam train this year.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Knew we were going to give up pick 6 for Cerra and thought this was going to be a nothing pick and didn't expect anything to slide down that far so didn't bother too much researching players this year. Saw the late mail a few days out and didn't expect anything would slide to us. Thought we were just a few picks away from being in that area where something might get through. Really stoked to have a genuine, agile small forward on the list with some real x-factor. It feels like every other year there is a player with a name like a Pickett or Rioli that slides and you just know they are gonna turn out to be good and wonder why they don't go earlier and we finally got one in Motlop. You can tell he is the kind of kid that will energise the group as well. A hell of a list we have here. Shame about Jones but let's hope the coach is up for it and we can do something here in 2022. Go baggers!

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon that Martin will be spending a fair bit of time in the middle or on the wing until we get Cuningham back. I quite liked Honey as a lead up HFF/defensive forward. With Motlop in the side now, we have an abundance of smalls for our forward line. People seem to be forgetting that Owies came on like a steam train this year.
Owies was great out of the blocks. Not sure whether conditioning or just the rabble our club was in under review that he drifted late in the year but hoping he can keep going next year. Hopefully room from growth there. Exciting to have depth through the midfield and forward line now.

Knew we were going to give up pick 6 for Cerra and thought this was going to be a nothing pick and didn't expect anything to slide down that far so didn't bother too much researching players this year. Saw the late mail a few days out and didn't expect anything would slide to us. Thought we were just a few picks away from being in that area where something might get through. Really stoked to have a genuine, agile small forward on the list with some real x-factor. It feels like every other year there is a player with a name like a Pickett or Rioli that slides and you just know they are gonna turn out to be good and wonder why they don't go earlier and we finally got one in Motlop. You can tell he is the kind of kid that will energise the group as well. A hell of a list we have here. Shame about Jones but let's hope the coach is up for it and we can do something here in 2022. Go baggers!
He is definitely an extravert and we desperately need extraverts in the side.

Sweet Seventeen

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I know he has just turned eighteen, yet something tells me he will be ready to go come round one. Super excited about Jesse, he has so much burst and a powerful leg. Could see him becoming a player that spends equal time in the midfield as up forward. Well done Nick Austin, you are proving to be a very decent list manager. Bring on season 2022, cannot wait.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
This is my only concern with the selection, not Motlop himself, who looks to be exactly what we need from a small fwd, but the fact that we now how a bunch of smalls and at least 3 of them are going be regularly featuring in the VFL, whilst we are pretty light on in defence.

Back