Senior 3. Jesse Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know a lot about the kid coming up but reading the community on here and other external information, it seems like we really stole a good one who should have gone higher in the draft. After Brodie Kemp in 2019 falling all the way to our pick (he was the player I really wanted), Jesse Motlop falling to our pick this year is another ‘wow‘ moment.

I know he has just turned eighteen, yet something tells me he will be ready to go come round one. Super excited about Jesse, he has so much burst and a powerful leg. Could see him becoming a player that spends equal time in the midfield as up forward. Well done Nick Austin, you are proving to be a very decent list manager. Bring on season 2022, cannot wait.

A Fremantle supporter had this to say to me yesterday, “He'll take a couple of years. I saw a lot of him this season as a South Freo member and he did struggle a bit coming up against men.”

Mind you he didn’t mean it as a criticism as this was his first post on Jesse, “Just when you think there is nothing Carlton can do to make you hate them anymore, they go and take Motlop. Cretins.” :D

So he does like Jesse a lot but thinks he will need a couple of years to develop. But if he has a huge pre-season this year, then who knows.

Foxfooty are saying that Hawthorn trumped us by taking Connor MacDonald. Anyone got any thoughts about that? Were we certain to take MacDonald?

Foxfooty are saying that Hawthorn trumped us by taking Connor MacDonald. Anyone got any thoughts about that? Were we certain to take MacDonald?
Depends if you believe the Bluemour about taking him from ten days ago. I see no real positive in broadcasting your draft intentions via social media myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop is actually more a natural small forward than any other player on the list

Fisher - HHF as a junior and that's how he should be used
Owies - Was a mid before he transitioned to basketball
Honey - More a hit up HF, than a traditional small forward
Durdin - Played the majority of his junior footy as a mid, but size forced him to play forward in his final junior year

Motlop is actually more a natural small forward than any other player on the list

Fisher - HHF as a junior and that's how he should be used
Owies - Was a mid before he transitioned to basketball
Honey - More a hit up HF, than a traditional small forward
Durdin - Played the majority of his junior footy as a mid, but size forced him to play forward in his final junior year

He's also bigger than all those guys except for Honey - a good combination for Voss & Hansen to work with

let him play without pressure - have fun young man, you'll be fun to watch.....

He will play early, have fun and he will like it

He's also bigger than all those guys except for Honey - a good combination for Voss & Hansen to work with

Really level headed, balanced player with really footy IQ and vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back