Rookie Welcome to Carlton Joanne Doonan

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
We've signed another rookie for the 2019/2020 season, 25 year old Irishwoman Joanne Doonan.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-09-02/blues-sign-irish-rookie-

IRISH Gaelic footballer Joanne Doonan will join the Carlton Football Club as its second AFLW rookie for the 2020 season.

Doonan is the first ever Irish-born AFLW signing for the Blues and joins the Club from the Fermanagh Gaelic Athletic Association Ladies team, where she is currently the captain.
Welcome to Carlton :thumbsu:

R U OK Aphrodite? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drunkill

All Australian
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
These Irish girls must love aflw.

Use their existing Gaelic skills except just with an oval ball, get paid to play the game unlike gaelic football and get a summer long most-expenses-paid holiday in australia to top it off.

Edit:

Last edited:

drunkill

All Australian
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

She landed the night of Friday, 16 August, stayed the weekend and flew home on Tuesday. The definition of a flying visit.
“It was hectic,” she nods, “it was good to get a feel of what training will be like and see everything. I fitted a lot in for the three days, I was home before I even realised.”

She met some of the club’s staff and top players including Darcy Vescio and Katie Loynes, trained with the VFL team and received a really warm welcome all round.
“They got onto me straight away which was really nice,” she smiles. ” It was just absolutely lovely when I was training with them. Hopefully the others will be the same and as welcoming.”
A good read this, pretty long and detailed. Seems like a good player to grab.

Top Bottom