Rookie 37. Jordan Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of hype around this kids kicking and his speed, why has he never really been on a clubs radar until now, then? An elite kick with speed is every clubs wet dream
TAC cup can be very political. Coaches form opinions on players that they often don't want to change, playing players they thing might make it in the AFL. Plenty of kids slip through the cracks.

Also only takes an injury at the wrong time if you are down it the pecking order.

TAC cup can be very political. Coaches form opinions on players that they often don't want to change, playing players they thing might make it in the AFL. Plenty of kids slip through the cracks.

Also only takes an injury at the wrong time if you are down it the pecking order.

100%, there is common misconception that recruiters and coaches by and large know what they are doing, and make sound calls.

A lot of hype around this kids kicking and his speed, why has he never really been on a clubs radar until now, then? An elite kick with speed is every clubs wet dream

Not sure what our dreams have entailed previously but they certainly haven’t had an eye on the premium disposal type.

Pretty fair wrap from his coach at Spotswood

Re Boyd....I noticed in the short highlights on our team website his long kicking to a teammate was precise (Centermetre perfect). And yes, I agree, Harry would love him sticking the ball on his chest on his every lead. Hope Boyd is capable of getting a lot of disposals, as he'll be an asset to our side with his kicking skills seeming to be outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan, wing half back, raking kick, Carlton and Footscray list...hopefully the fans take to him better than they did Jordan Russell.
That was uncalled for. Russell is s**t.

Re Boyd....I noticed in the short highlights on our team website his long kicking to a teammate was precise (Centermetre perfect). And yes, I agree, Harry would love him sticking the ball on his chest on his every lead. Hope Boyd is capable of getting a lot of disposals, as he'll be an asset to our side with his kicking skills seeming to be outstanding.
Thing is he doesn’t need whole lot of disposals to really influence a game if his disposals are as peachy as his highlights.
Kicking is the most important asset a player can have ide rather 15/18 great disposals compared to 36 with ten shockers

Is that edit ok????:straining:

Each to their own. I think Plowman is a decent footballer who has trouble finding a good match up for him. I'd like to see him try other positions, even if just in the VFL.

If our midfield improves in the mean time, he will look a million dollars down back.

Each to their own. I think Plowman is a decent footballer who has trouble finding a good match up for him. I'd like to see him try other positions, even if just in the VFL.

If our midfield improves in the mean time, he will look a million dollars down back.

Totally agree...

For the record, what he got rubbed out for could well be the catalyst for him to build on. It made me take notice and changed my opinion of him. Thats what he needs to bring every week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back