Rookie 37. Jordan Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Each to their own. I think Plowman is a decent footballer who has trouble finding a good match up for him. I'd like to see him try other positions, even if just in the VFL.

If our midfield improves in the mean time, he will look a million dollars down back.
Plow is pretty fit isn't he? Could we try him on the wing?

Plow is pretty fit isn't he? Could we try him on the wing?

He's certainly no slower than some of the inside mids we try out on the wing. You can just see it with Plow sometimes. He wants to attack, he leaves his man to impact contests and gets caught out on occasion. I think he's stifled back there. He played a bit of midfield with the Giants on occasion.

This was one of the Phantom Draft writeups on Plow:

Seen as the best key position prospect in this year’s draft, Lachie Plowman has terrific composure and rarely ever makes a bad decision in defence. With strong intercept mark and precise foot skills around the ground, Plowman is as reliable as they come. Plowman also has a big engine and clocked less than 11 minutes in the 3km time trial and also ranked inside the top 15% in the vertical jump. An attacking half-back who can run all day and wear down forwards, he is super competitive and a superb reader of the play, rarely getting caught out of position.

We see the composure regularly and I think our team performance impacts his decision gaffes. Precise footskills, big engine, can run all day, superb reader of the play. He's wasted as a deep defender.

He's certainly no slower than some of the inside mids we try out on the wing. You can just see it with Plow sometimes. He wants to attack, he leaves his man to impact contests and gets caught out on occasion. I think he's stifled back there. He played a bit of midfield with the Giants on occasion.

This was one of the Phantom Draft writeups on Plow:

We see the composure regularly and I think our team performance impacts his decision gaffes. Precise footskills, big engine, can run all day, superb reader of the play. He's wasted as a deep defender.
Not sure we intentionally play him as a deep defender, it's just that the opposition send whoever he plays on to the goal square

Not sure we intentionally play him as a deep defender, it's just that the opposition send whoever he plays on to the goal square

Mostly because they want to get Jones and Weitering out of there, but also to capitalise on a small forwards pace advantage. Looks like we are also prepared to sacrifice Stocker in the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back