Past Josh Deluca

Remove this Banner Ad

what kind of message does that send him - we cut you but hang around for the preseason in case we change our mind - what a wonderful confidence boost! Feel like we really dropped the ball on this one, maybe Brendon Bolton tied our hands at the time with his specific wants or maybe we just screwed up.

I agree mostly here but this blaming Bolton is ridiculous. Bolton was the coach, he wasn’t in charge of recruiting or list management.
SOS is the boss and poor decisions in relation to drafting, recruiting and contracts, rest squarely on his shoulders.

Deluca was always selected as a short term gap filler who may become a more permanent player. Picked because we had too many young players and our midfield was copping a hammering. We were luck enough to be able to fix that problem and get a bit out of out older players in there.

Ended up filling the gap in the forward line instead and we've come to a point where we believe those gapes will be filled. At least we are hoping. I just hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves.

He did his bit and filled a gap, whether he can do more and is the best available will come down to the judgement of recruitment.

Thing is there are midfield spots but only for very high level players and he isn't one. There are small forward spots still as well but I believe it's much the same situation in there as well. Looking for a higher level small forward or they aren't worth having. Real question here is he worth having as a reserve player and that may come down to the size of his contract and list spots etc.

Deluca on GuesSEN today ...

What a great guy, really hope he’s gets back on our list...or at worst signs with northern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree mostly here but this blaming Bolton is ridiculous. Bolton was the coach, he wasn’t in charge of recruiting or list management.
SOS is the boss and poor decisions in relation to drafting, recruiting and contracts, rest squarely on his shoulders.

When he was drafted, I'm sure I read Agresta say that his drafting was not a stop gap solution and was being looked at as a long term option.

I wonder what happened..

Just hope we don't decide to keep him and then somebody else picks him off in the draft.
Imagine the smirk on Dodoro's face.

Well I hope he stays. Average 12 touches after quick initiation. Rookie him. Reward him. But yeah I get it re list numbers . I’m in a quandary about this .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
just wondering if this thread is strong enough to pull you out of that dangerous quandary.........

One can sell it any way one wants, but we just keep making poor decisions via rookie drafts and late picks.
13 players got picked up in the Mid-Season rookie draft and we're the only ones that 'had' to get rid of their player......and we had first pick.

Our lower-end recruiting/drafting has been poor when you also now take into account Kerr and Schumacher coming off the list in recent weeks.
Over the course of SOS's tenure Geelong have netted themselves Parsons, Henry, Atkins.

There have been some good players coming out of the rookie drafts (Papley included) but in 4 years we haven't nailed one. This must change.
We won't have to worry for much longer about the poor recruiting decisions made, as SILVAGNI will be sacked in the next month

Anyone know where Josh stands with the Blues now that the Pre-Season & Rookie Drafts are over? Is he still training with the club and are there anymore options for him to get picked up again??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a very slight chance? Thought he was training with the club along with one other in the hope of being picked-up before season starts? However, we're almost heaving with talent now and Josh would find it very difficult to crack a position in the team even with a fairly long injury list.

May be one that just can't quite crack it, especially now competition for mid spots might be even tougher.

Do feel for him being picked up mid year and then dumped though. Pls don't hate us Josh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back