Past Josh Deluca

That's what it is.

Patrick Kerr is similar to Lockett.......now what?

He said 'style'. He even explained what that style was.

Kerr is not even a similar style to Lockett.

Now what?

I just don't see what being negative about him does.

There are three options -

1. Take on a negative stance for the sake of it
2. Take on a positive stance for the sake of it
3. Take on neither stance and and be endeavour to be practical.

As we can see on this board, people will mostly fall into one of these three positions.
Question is; Which position are you going to take up?

He said 'style'. He even explained what that style was.

Kerr is not even a similar style to Lockett.

Now what?

Yes he is.

Straight-ahead player.
Marks well in front of his face.
Is an accurate kick for goal.

He's just unlikely to be quite as good. Fair or unfair?

Nothing to do with your negative connotation of being a negative Nelly.

Yes he is.

Straight-ahead player.
Marks well in front of his face.
Is an accurate kick for goal.

He's just unlikely to be quite as good. Fair or unfair?

Lockett more agile and aggressive and was just as good one on one in the square.

I know what you are trying to say however, thus my bewilderment at posters having a shot at him when he never ever in any way suggested Deluca would be as good as Shiel.

Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
There are three options -

1. Take on a negative stance for the sake of it
2. Take on a positive stance for the sake of it
3. Take on neither stance and and be endeavour to be practical.

As we can see on this board, people will mostly fall into one of these three positions.
Question is; Which position are you going to take up?

I'm taking the position of understanding why we picked him and looking forward to seeing what he does rather than just write him off.
It's not positivity for the sake of it. I've read articles about him, watched his videos and am liking what I see so far.
I don't just blindly follow and support everything the club does. I watch the footy and make up my own mind.
So if you need to pigeon hole me I would say I am part 2 and part 3.

I try to never be option 1 as it is just not my style.

Lockett more agile and aggressive and was just as good one on one in the square.

I know what you are trying to say however, thus my bewilderment at posters having a shot at him when he never ever in any way suggested Deluca would be as good as Shiel.

Why on earth would anyone want to have a shot at Deluca?

Getting back to ground zero - Here's a player that has been dismissed by his former club, has been neglected over several subsequent drafts, including last years one, even after Gibbons and Cottrell were picked up, but we're now somehow banking on something more than the numbers would suggest?

Deluca would know where he is as much as Gibbons should be and if something extraordinary shows up?.......the that would make for some story.

You seem more offended at other opinions in here tbh.

Point me in the general direction of that comment and we can discuss it, but you have to prove your point because to put it simply - You're wrong.
It doesn't matter, as people can think, assume, project in thought whatever they want, but in a thread about Josh, I don't think I said anything that would, or should offend him. He's coming from some way back and will need a lot to go right to make a name for himself in this league. It's not easy.

Why on earth would anyone want to have a shot at Deluca?

Not Deluca, AntonioBlueVein. One outright ridiculed his observation, then you misconstrued it in letting him know he was wrong. I was defending him because he never made the point you both thought he did, that's all.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
We don't know he's a scrubber. He spoke honestly about how being delisted made him work harder and how much he wants it now.
I'm happy to have someone who has gone away and worked hard to get another chance.

Yep, considering Gibbo is 5th on total k’s so far this season, Deluca just has to learn the game plan as he’ll be fit enough for AFL.

I think he’s a prospective replacement for Murph.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Yep, considering Gibbo is 5th on total k’s so far this season, Deluca just has to learn the game plan as he’ll be fit enough for AFL.

I think he’s a prospective replacement for Murph.

This, it's not a tough gig getting a game in our side. This accomplished state league mature midfielder walks into our team.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne Storm have been doing it for years....they never get big name players....never!!
They get players possibly undervalued at other clubs, or not getting opportunities, and just give them a role. Play your role and we'll win the game.
Ultimately Storm make finals every year. Having ranted all that, they do have a pretty ****in' good coach though.

HBF & MEB_ pretty sure.........

source.gif

Back