Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Luke Power :clapping::clapping::clapping:

THE Carlton Football Club has bolstered its coaching staff with two significant off-field appointments, welcoming Head of Coaching Performance Henry Playfair and Head of Development Luke Power to Ikon Park.

The pair will bring with them a combined 41 years of experience as players and coaches at the elite level and arrive at the Blues with highly-respected reputations across the industry.

giphy.gif

Just replace Soul with Teague :)

Very exciting news, two very well credentialed and respected assistants to our coaching panel.

Power especially is a very significant coup. Haven't been this excited about assistant and development coaching appointments, well since forever.

Well done to Cain Liddle and the rest of the CFC board for making it happen !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice. Playfair is an interesting one, hadn't heard his name tossed up at all. Head of Coaching Performance is a little less abrasive term than Director of Coaching, but I imagine they are the same role. Power is a really good get. :thumbsu:

Good solid progressive appointments. People in their prime who know what success requires.

Synergy in our appointments , all moulded around a group going forward together. The Team as the nucleus group. The Club as the orbiting group.

For someone who kept getting disappointed in what our Club did for 20 odd years, yes even thru the mid 90's, i keep being bouyed by practically every decision made since the watershed Club reckoning of late 2015.

The house is in good order. The performance will follow. Well done to all those who turned The Titanic around.

Nice. Playfair is an interesting one, hadn't heard his name tossed up at all. Head of Coaching Performance is a little less abrasive term than Director of Coaching, but I imagine they are the same role. Power is a really good get. :thumbsu:

I'm interested to find out what exactly Playfair's job will entail.

As a coach he's not actually super experienced...it's not like he's an older ex-senior coach, Teague has more experience than him. And Playfair has only been at 2 clubs, Sydney & Saints.

I don't think the coaches will report to him, Director of coaching implies he'd be essentially the boss of the coaching group. More his job is almost like a consultant, providing them with support and resources and help them be the best coaches they can be.

As a coach he's not actually super experienced...it's not like he's an older ex-senior coach, Teague has more experience than him. And Playfair has only been at 2 clubs, Sydney & Saints.

I don't think the coaches will report to him, Director of coaching implies he'd be essentially the boss of the coaching group. More his job is almost like a consultant, providing them with support and resources and help them be the best coaches they can be.

There is an interview with him on the Club website FTR. Explains his role. It's pretty much as your last sentence .

Awesome acquisitions for the club. Spending the soft cap wisely to become a more contemporary, relevant club. Love it.

Just going to get my shades...

Welcome gentlemen.

Last edited:

I don't think D.O.C implies that at all, the senior coach is the boss. People were whipping themselves into a frenzy about the position but this is what it essentially entails. An extra set of eyes and ears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back