Roast Welcome to Carlton Luke Williams ... See ya later Luke Williams

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
......I heard it was because he was s**t at his job! :)

He could possibly be who know, certainly not the flogs that have no idea called Geelong Football Club who were crazy enough to employ such a hopeless employee at their club for so many years.

Lets hope that he improves a little now that he is working with a great recruiter in F.Jackson :oops:

He could possibly be who know, certainly not the flogs that have no idea called Geelong Football Club who were crazy enough to employ such a hopeless employee at their club for so many years.

Lets hope that he improves a little now that he is working with a great recruiter in F.Jackson :oops:

You know squat and I don't find your speculation very respectful. Time to vacate this thread.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Williams is so good @ his job, two clubs in the space of 6 months were happy to let him leave without putting up a fight :cool:

I would think if he were such a respected recruiter, he would be contracted by his employer so that he wouldn't be allowed to walk out on his own accord.

It's not like he left Geelong because he was offered a promotion with us. 2IC at Geelong would mean he would have to be have appointed Recruiting Manager with us in order to have been offered a promotion - which was not the case.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Hope he is able to find you your next Tambling. Scum.

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Tiges jizzing all over their board over his recruitment.
Love the newbie and "Brisbane" supporter posting lies in that thread.
I have worked with Luke previously and can confirm he is as professional and prudent as you can possibly get.

He will be looking after the state league competitions and scouting at his new club. The main reason why he left Carlton is his job brief changed when he initially got there.

At Geelong, Thompson and Scott gave Wells & Luke a brief as to what type of players they required in their list management decisions. They also had a dedicated list manager who would relay this message.

At Carlton, despite McKay, Malthouse was effectively the list manager and called the shots even telling Rogers and Luke what specific draftees to recruit after they had given him their dossier. I can't say this is the reason he left but Malthouse was told or taken away from having a direct role in recruiting in Collingwood after Hine and Walsh believed the Geelong model worked best without the coach coming in.
Probably Rohan.

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Funny, Rogers said on radio that recruiting at Carlton works just like how Geelong was described above about coaches giving brief but ultimately the recruiters made the decisions.

'Let the baker bake the bread'

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
Is Mick responsible for the hiring and firing at Carlton?

:rolleyes:

steven_icke1.jpg

"Those damn Carlton coaches..... "

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

How did that go for you in the 'Elimination Final'!

Real great. :D

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
How did that go for you in the 'Elimination Final'!

Real great. :D

Well im sure you wont be judging the entire recruiting of F.J on 1 Game but finishing the H/A season in reasonable position does speak well for F.J
Riewoldt,Vickery,Martin,Ellis,Conca,Vlastuin - Good as any recruiter in the league in the 1st Round wouldnt you agree

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Hope he is able to find you your next Tambling. Scum.

Lol , I really dont know what to say to such a well thought out post, The only thing i can rebut that with is that Terry Wallace is on record as saying that Tambling was rated at #2/#3 of his draft by most clubs and it was Terry Wallace who wanted tambling with Roughead gone

But i suppose all recruiters have their 'Fail' Picks occasionally

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I think you guys may have got spooked by the Martin-types and went all safe.
You may though find that you have more meat and potatoes than a Hungarian Goulash.

We went the other way and went X-factor.
Unfortunately though we didn't have the coach to get the best out of some of those boys and only time will tell whether Malthouse will.

Whichever way though we're handing your backside back to you on a plate so we can't be doing too bad. :)

I do agree with you in a way,But if you take a look at the 4 selctions in Riewoldt,Vickery,Cotchin,Martin are all X-Factor type player and wouldnt call them 'meat/potato's' but Conca,Ellis,Vlastuin are more your quality core players that im sure you would agree is what we did need at Richmond

Ben Lennon is very very much your x factor type and has been likened to a Stevie J and will add another dimension altogether, The only real different type that i believe we are missing is another speed machine with good disposal that can cut teams up on the outside the type of player that i have in mind would be a Rohan(sydney) type

We also have a few boys that most other supporters wouldnt of heard of yet that we are extremely hopeful that will make it and have shown great signs in the 2's which are Matty Arnot,Brad Helbig,Matt McDonugh,Liam McBean,Kamdyn McIntosh - Whic i wouldnt clasify any of these boys to be Meat/Potato types

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I do agree with you in a way,But if you take a look at the 4 selctions in Riewoldt,Vickery,Cotchin,Martin are all X-Factor type player and wouldnt call them 'meat/potato's' but Conca,Ellis,Vlastuin are more your quality core players that im sure you would agree is what we did need at Richmond

Ben Lennon is very very much your x factor type and has been likened to a Stevie J and will add another dimension altogether, The only real different type that i believe we are missing is another speed machine with good disposal that can cut teams up on the outside the type of player that i have in mind would be a Rohan(sydney) type

We also have a few boys that most other supporters wouldnt of heard of yet that we are extremely hopeful that will make it and have shown great signs in the 2's which are Matty Arnot,Brad Helbig,Matt McDonugh,Liam McBean,Kamdyn McIntosh - Whic i wouldnt clasify any of these boys to be Meat/Potato types

lol. dw you don't need Williams' help to keep drafting them potatoes ;)

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Williams is so good @ his job, two clubs in the space of 6 months were happy to let him leave without putting up a fight :cool:

I would think if he were such a respected recruiter, he would be contracted by his employer so that he wouldn't be allowed to walk out on his own accord.

It's not like he left Geelong because he was offered a promotion with us. 2IC at Geelong would mean he would have to be have appointed Recruiting Manager with us in order to have been offered a promotion - which was not the case.

For all those saying he must be good because he came out of Geelong, how are Thompson and the Weapon working out for Essendon?

Nield and Watters prove that just because you work under someone talented doesn't necessarily make you talented. Geelong's dynasty was established in the 99/01 draft and on the back of 3 AA FS's prior to his involvement in drafting.

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
For all those saying he must be good because he came out of Geelong, how are Thompson and the Weapon working out for Essendon?

Nield and Watters prove that just because you work under someone talented doesn't necessarily make you talented. Geelong's dynasty was established in the 99/01 draft and on the back of 3 AA FS's prior to his involvement in drafting.

Neeld never had a hope in hell moving into that position at Melbourne. Bet they won't be so quick to throw Roos under the bus if Melbourne struggle.

Back