Senior 7. Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton site has a video of some highlights at GWS.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2017-10-19/new-blue-matthew-kennedy

When I watched some, I realised some of that play I remember thinking was Hopper last year so been a bit confused at times, giving Hopper credit in my mind in past, that turns out fair chunk of time was Kennedy. This only excites me more, as I was rating Hopper really high on what I thought was him I'd seen glimpses of in few GWS games I seen in last 15 months. They look a bit the same to me but now seen them more often can tell them a bit more apart and now got used to 15 was Kennedy and 2 Hopper for them.

Very good footage too. Shows good reflexes and great goal sense albeit from a limited package

Very good footage too. Shows good reflexes and great goal sense albeit from a limited package

Reminds me of a big bodied mid like Gerard Healy back in the day. He did not mind a goal too. Probably had a bit more pace than Kennedy but Kennedy looks to be quick decisive decision maker of what he doing once he gets the ball. I like that a lot about him given he would not have leg pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His AFL form was a little underwhelming after going back and watching his 2017 games but I really think that's purely because he was given defensive roles over hunting the ball roles.

Giants midfield was so stacked he never got a look in, it was always Shiel, Ward, Scully, Kelly etc with Kennedy coming off the square.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in his natural role after shoulder surgery. I'm tempering my expectations.

His AFL form was a little underwhelming after going back and watching his 2017 games but I really think that's purely because he was given defensive roles over hunting the ball roles.

Giants midfield was so stacked he never got a look in, it was always Shiel, Ward, Scully, Kelly etc with Kennedy coming off the square.

Will be interesting to see how he goes in his natural role after shoulder surgery. I'm tempering my expectations.

So what you are really saying is /delist :p

Also... Has he had the surgery yet?

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/it-was-an-emotional-day-kennedy/

Matthew Kennedy won’t forget the conversation anytime soon.
On the players’ final day at the club, and after the reviews had taken place and everyone had left, Kennedy walked into Leon Cameron’s office and had one of the hardest conversations he’s had to date.

It may not seem like much, but the 20-year-old was about to inform someone he deeply admires that he wants to leave the place he loves.

Th

Thanks for sharing that. Far out I love our boys, how funny are they! Big Harry rates himself, Weiters is as serious as they come, Charlie is gold. And Bam - love him already. Doesn't know how to use a smartphone.
Reckon they all wanted to say Tinder for favourite app.

GWS have the worst injury list going around. I'm interested to see what Kennedy goes like in a more professional environment.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Kennedy could have a break out season next year.

GWS have the worst injury list going around. I'm interested to see what Kennedy goes like in a more professional environment.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Kennedy could have a break out season next year.

The Plow is evidence of that.
being told to run, run, run whilst in the rehab group (shoulder or wrist).
which eventually caused his hip problems.

We helped Pickett get on the park as well. Was always injured in his 2 years at GWS.
Same with Marchbank we fixed him up until he got an impact shoulder injury this year.

I think Lamb came to us with injury issues as well...plus of course Sumner & Phillips.

We helped Pickett get on the park as well. Was always injured in his 2 years at GWS.
Same with Marchbank we fixed him up until he got an impact shoulder injury this year.

I think Lamb came to us with injury issues as well...plus of course Sumner & Phillips.

Devon Smith likes this

Do they even have a medical department

2 country bulls in the middle, won't give a s**t gonna go in hard as they can, Crippa and Kennedy!

Kennedy reminds me of a young Voss in the middle, nuts at times.

super-smash-bros-wii-u-roster-optimal-e1497035407294.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back