Senior 7. Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad we picked Matty up. Won't ever win a brownlow but will leave nothing in the tank. Just has a great work ethic as does all of his family. If he can work on his set shots (used to miss a few he should get at gullie) and his body language, has a habit of bending over and grabbing his shorts while waiting for ball-ups makes him look tired all the time, he will be a great in and under player who can go forward and provide a third marking option. Played Full-forward one GF for gullie and he can get high and take a grab.

hey! if Jab Watson could win it for a year playing in same position:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The **** did Steele really average 8 tackles a game?

Kennedy definitely has a higher ceiling than Steele offensively. Wouldn't be a bad first year with us though.

If I was Jack Steele and was averaging 8 tackle a game, I'd be calling myself 'The Steele Trap'.

I'd also be a 'rhymes with flanker'....

If I was Jack Steele and was averaging 8 tackle a game, I'd be calling myself 'The Steele Trap'.

I'd also be a 'rhymes with flanker'....
Careful about insinuating you are a tanker, the AFL will fine you.

In good news, they will match it with a similar sized 'equalisation' payment.

The **** did Steele really average 8 tackles a game?

Kennedy definitely has a higher ceiling than Steele offensively. Wouldn't be a bad first year with us though.

I seem to remember during the season the commentators saying he was up in the top handful, if not #1, for pressure acts in the comp. Tackling has always been one of Steele's best attributes, even from the GWS days when he got limited game/game time in non-preferred positions.

I'm hopeful that Kennedy will be a better cog in our system than Steele is at St Kilda. He certainly appears to have a better attacking side to his game, particularly around goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back