News Welcome to Carlton Michael Agresta & Dale Bleach

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge, absolutely huge.

Watch all our picks now from 1 to the last round be all guns.

Syd were kings at that sort of stuff.
Sydney have a great track record with rookie picks (Grundy, Jack, LLoyd, Naismith, Papley, Rampe, Smith, etc) as well as some experience in the serious 'big fish' FA game while Hawthorn have done pretty well over the years (for the most part) with trades/FAs... Burgoyne, Lake, Gibson, Gunston, Frawleuy, Mitchell, McEvoy, Hale, Dew, even Spangher... there's enough there to ignore Vickery and O'Meara (if he continues to struggle with staying fit).

Seems very astute for a club going forward and aiming to rise up the ladder to add some guys who've had some involvement in that kind of recruiting... Add all that to Silvagni, Brodie, etc who've done pretty damn well with a mixture of high to low draft picks and it seems like a bloody good combination, especially as we've reached a position where SOS has already signalled that our list turnover should significantly reduce compared to previous years. If we're only bringing in maybe 6-9 players we really want to nail them all (or close to it).

Sydney have a great track record with rookie picks (Grundy, Jack, LLoyd, Naismith, Papley, Rampe, Smith, etc) as well as some experience in the serious 'big fish' FA game while Hawthorn have done pretty well over the years (for the most part) with trades/FAs... Burgoyne, Lake, Gibson, Gunston, Frawleuy, Mitchell, McEvoy, Hale, Dew, even Spangher... there's enough there to ignore Vickery and O'Meara (if he continues to struggle with staying fit).

Seems very astute for a club going forward and aiming to rise up the ladder to add some guys who've had some involvement in that kind of recruiting... Add all that to Silvagni, Brodie, etc who've done pretty damn well with a mixture of high to low draft picks and it seems like a bloody good combination, especially as we've reached a position where SOS has already signalled that our list turnover should significantly reduce compared to previous years. If we're only bringing in maybe 6-9 players we really want to nail them all (or close to it).

Beatson (Swans head recruiter) stated they spend as much time monitoring/selecting rookies as they do the regular U18 draft.

It certainly shows in the outcomes.

Wow those are a couple of very successful people to add to our team. Sydney and Hawthorn have been top of the tree with recruiting. It's so good that we are focusing so strongly on the most important area of the club. If you're going to build something strong then you need to hire the best builders. Good stuff. Bring on the next draft and trade period!

Our approach to filling our recruitment and list management team seems to be twofold, quality operators from SUCCESSFUL organisations. This gives me great confidence that we are building towards a sustained period of success. Can't wait.

re-building fortress carlton from the ground up.............just the parapet, siege barriers and finials now.........

And trebuchets ... everyone loves a well built trebuchet!

I hope SOS is the one negotiating contracts and trades, he’s shown himself to be an excellent negotiator and has extracted maximum value for the club.

I don’t quite understand what the job description would be like With Agresta as List Manager? Has SOS had his duties watered down? Is this some type of succession plan that will have SOS departing in 12 months? Was SOS overworked in the past?

I guess we know that Agresta will be doing any negotiating/decisions involving Jack and Ben.

What happened to his career as a fireman? That’s why he retired. He wanted to put out fires. And now he loves firing up the masses.
didn't make the cut spent too much time playing with his hose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.....offensive siege weapons for bombarding fortresses and breaching their defenses

529114-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Apologies for the intrusion.

But I'm genuinely interested as to what happened here with Bleach. Can anyone fill me in?

But I'm genuinely interested as to what happened here with Bleach. Can anyone fill me in?
He had a reaction and lost a bit of colour. Don’t worry, he will be all-white, it’s not like he dyed.

I thought he was a buddy of boltons? And seen as a risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back