Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Teague still has a better winning record as coach.

Voss needs to weed out those who don't bleed for the club, of which there are many. Teague couldn't trust them on a weekly basis to turn up, defend or run two ways. Neither could the 6 coaches before him.
Are you of the belief that the more you say it the more right that you have to say "I told you so" should things go badly.

It's wearing a bit thin.

dirk pitt

All Australian
Nov 26, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I liked that when asked a leading question about gameplan and defence, he spoke first about the fundamentals of a successful football side being built on 'an extremely robust contest'; and then spoke about defence. After a year of talking about goal run-ons constantly it would have been easy to give the media the answer it was looking for.

And when asked if he had any doubts about reapplying to Carlton he gave a one word answer.

I liked that when asked a leading question about gameplan and defence, he spoke first about the fundamentals of a successful football side being built on 'an extremely robust contest'; and then spoke about defence. After a year of talking about goal run-ons constantly it would have been easy to give the media the answer it was looking for.

And when asked if he had any doubts about reapplying to Carlton he gave a one word answer.
think mcrae did the same at one point?

BringBackSimmo

(Previously BringBackSOS)
Jul 12, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
Shall be interesting to see who he gets as assistant coaches. I guess Matthew Scarlett is available now.

Just watched his appearance on afl360. Very strong, spoke brilliantly. Spoke of his love for the Doninator and Kenny Hunter and finally getting to meet them.

I feel very comfortable.
oh we'll fix that.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
He’s demanding “durability”…must have already done his research on half the team.

Unfortunately, he can make all the demands about durability that he wants, our players will continue to break down at the first sign of intensity... If he can change that, he is an absolute ******* wizard.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How self assured is Cook? Just looks like a man who knows what he's doing, and knows that he knows what he's doing .. :)

Gives off the perfect confident and competent without arrogance vibe.
He didn't speak alot but that is exactly my thoughts.

Really, really exciting appointment

I think it also shouldn't be understated that merely going for the job with us, given his past coaching tenure, further shows what a competitive beast he is.

It would be clear to anyone that coaching at Carlton isn't an easy gig, these days. It could go so badly; we're expert coach killers. But despite that he's prepared to take the bull by the horns and give it a red hot crack, for his second chance. Kudos for mine.

I think it also shouldn't be understated that merely going for the job with us, given his past coaching tenure, further shows what a competitive beast he is.

It would be clear to anyone that coaching at Carlton isn't an easy gig, these days. It could go so badly; we're expert coach killers. But despite that he's prepared to take the bull by the horns and give it a red hot crack, for his second chance. Kudos for mine.

Amen. We get good assistants around him ... on EVERY LINE ... who knows, we may become a football club again with so unsociable footy played ;)

bradfisher14

All Australian
Aug 24, 2021
Stuck on 99 games
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm pumped to have Vossy as our coach. Everything I've heard from him so far has been really encouraging.

I liked the dynamic I observed between he, Cook, and Sayers at the presser. There seemed to be genuine warmth, but also an agreement on high levels of professionalism, expectation, and accountability among each other. Keen to see how the vibe between those leaders influences the rest of the club.

Awesome to see another bloke get a second chance at the senior role too. The AFL is far too quick to discard good coaches and players after a bad spell.

Bring on round one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back