Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

How good are these pics.

FAAZB8rVEAATEMr
Like a pig in mud! (In the best possible sense )

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Look I think Weiters should be the captain, but what an inspiring story it would be if Cripps fought hard and got back to his best, and we see Voss and crippa hold the cup up together. Can imagine it already
Very easily. I have this strong feeling that Crippa and his new coach will form a really strong bond pretty quickly, and Vossy will light that fire again. Perfect type of coach for Crippa, who has probably not had his needs met in a leadership/mentor sense in his Blues career so far.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
We were never taking a first timer even though we interviewed them. We had to interview them as Voss was the last experienced coach available so needed a back up. Sayers made it very clear when Teague was sacked he wanted finals and hence needed an experienced coach. Ironic that 5 failed years at Brisbane was the catalyst for getting Voss over the line over a highly rated first timer. If the Scott's or Buckley had of been available Voss wouldn't have got a look in.
Once again duly noted. You are at the front of the queue for the "I told you so" if things go badly.

P S. Please stop whinging.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Became very frustrated in the end, didn’t he?
Patty lost his way after the ridiculous tactics being employed in 2020 to curtail his influence that were escaping punishment. Guys face to face stopping him running. Hopefully Voss can get Hewitt and co to block and screen to get him back to his best.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Expect the standards to be set, though it is beyond me how we aren't at the elite level. Bolton and Russell came from the Hawks and Teague from the Crows. How did we not have them over the last 3 years? Was it from allowing less than we should from high priced recruits?

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Very easily. I have this strong feeling that Crippa and his new coach will form a really strong bond pretty quickly, and Vossy will light that fire again. Perfect type of coach for Crippa, who has probably not had his needs met in a leadership/mentor sense in his Blues career so far.
I agree! I can’t wait to see what Voss does with Cripps. I think there are so many similarities between them. I think Voss can mould him into the superstar he was becoming in 2019

Magical_EddieBetts

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree! I can’t wait to see what Voss does with Cripps. I think there are so many similarities between them. I think Voss can mould him into the superstar he was becoming in 2019
If you hear Vossy’s response on 3AW last night to how he would help Crippa get back to his, you can’t help but be excited at the prospect of their partnership going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Any cliff notes on what was said please?
Listen from around the 7m mark.

Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm very comfortable, even excited, with Voss coming onboard and impressed with the way he spoke.

And I'm very comfortable that the panel - a bunch of fairly eminent and knowledgeable people - have gone through a rigorous process to choose the right fit for the club.

Gotta embrace the optimism and positivity around the club ... especially these days.

Go get 'em Vossy.

Feb 5, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
cranky crikeys
Cripps has been severely hampered by two separate / unrelated injuries over the last two years. He will get back to his best next year assuming he gets the body right, with or without Voss's help.

Cripps could potentially be an iteration of Ollie Wines. Huge expectation (co cap) placed on Oliie and he went and buggered his shoulder in the off season. High brows were raised and questions were asked. Ollie had fair dip in output thru injury, luck and whatever else 2018-2019-2020 but came back hard and look at him now. Vossy was a part of that comeback in a number of ways.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Vossy said just to simplify his game and to stop making him try to do everything. He did that at Port with Ollie Wines where he was just focused on winning the inside ball and getting it out to his teammates.

new_blue

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Having watched the press conference and his other interviews I can now say I’m on board with Voss!

I get the sense that his priorities are aligned with mine - that we what we need to focus on defence structure, playing as a team, building cohesion, lifting expectations, bringing physicality, etc.

Wasn’t sold initially but think we have the right man for the job right now.

Added benefit is that he’s a Carlton person.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Q
We were never taking a first timer even though we interviewed them. We had to interview them as Voss was the last experienced coach available so needed a back up. Sayers made it very clear when Teague was sacked he wanted finals and hence needed an experienced coach. Ironic that 5 failed years at Brisbane was the catalyst for getting Voss over the line over a highly rated first timer. If the Scott's or Buckley had of been available Voss wouldn't have got a look in.
Why is boss a failed coach and not Buckley? What has Buckley achieved exactly? Scapegoating players partners as reasons for flicking them? Been a part of team wide racism and worked to hide it instead of deal with it? Dismantled a young premiership team in order to prove a point, which he never proved? I don't get it at all. Buckley should've been a 2 time cup winning coach. He had the list for it but could not keep culture at a high enough standard at all.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of revisionist history from many around that. He was sacked therefore he was/is a sh*t coach. Says nothing about the board, environment, playing list or team around him at the time; not to mention he was thrust into the hot seat before he was ready.
Exactly. Many should read that post by the lions guy. It was very balanced and very informative.

Back