AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Welcome to the Navy Blues.

A new era begins !!!!!!!

A2eOCVNCIAApkVo.jpg

Malthouse to coach Carlton for 3 years

The Carlton Football Club has officially announced Mick Malthouse as the senior coach of the Club for the next three seasons.

Carlton President Stephen Kernahan issued the following statement in relation to the appointment that was announced at Visy Park this morning:

We are delighted to welcome Mick Malthouse to the Carlton Football Club in his new role as senior coach.

Following the last game of the 2012 season we commenced discussions with Mick and his Manager and these discussions were completed yesterday when we agreed to this three-year term.

Malthouse to coach Carlton for 3 years

Pretty keen to see what his plans for us on and off field are

Very much the same here. Its an exciting time for Carlton no doubt. Interesting to see what way Mick wants us to go... Do we go to the draft or do some trading to fill some needs.
Have the feeling a few players that we don't expect might get put up for trade. 3 years doesn't give him much time to mess around.

I've missed Mick treating muckraking journos with the contempt they deserve.

He's making up for lost time here. Absolutely scorching the hack Damien Barrett.

Great get for Carlton.

WELCOME MICK!
Listening to this press conference, Sticks and Mick sound like they're confident on getting Trav Cloke

I've missed Mick treating muckraking journos with the contempt they deserve.

He's making up for lost time here. Absolutely scorching the hack Damien Barrett.

Great get for Carlton.

I can't even see what he's doing (work) and I'm enjoying it

Hopefully people wounded by the movement of Ratten can be reignited by having the best available coach on our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the greatest club in the AFL Mick, I have every confidence you will bring out the best in the boys and hopefully deliver us that much sought after #17.
You have MY unconditional 100% support as the senior coach of our proud club.

GO BLUES !!!!

Haha the journos will be second guessing some of their questions with Mick around.

Welcome to Carlton. I probably got in a little early with the sig and avatar this morning (bout an hour before the presser) but as we know, it's the worst kept secret.

**** the media s**t me, same questions re-asked 19 times, they werent gonna give up the gig, so move on with the questions...:thumbsdown:

Would've like to hear other questions like.....

So Mick what drew you to the Carlton job? etc etc

Anyway welcome to Carlton Mick, Happy with your signing and looking forward to 2013.:thumbsu:

Tony Jones you are the skid mark in the under pants of the media.:rolleyes:

OK so knowing Mick's recent history with players and how he likes to give them definite roles I see he following guys getting much clearer roles:

Walker, something like how he played Daisy, they are both hard working mids who are dangerous forward and can fly high. Think he'll look to make Tex the x-factor

Robinson, I see a move to defence, Mick seems to like the burly types around the back half, hit the forwards hard and fast and make them earn every touch.

Waite, up the ground roaming forward, like Cloke was played. Impact should be in providing the option on the wing then part of the spread back into the fifty

Gibbs, in the middle.

Casboult, forward-ruck, cheap over the top option who can damage sides when played as part of a structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back