News Welcome to Carlton Tom Lonergan - Development and Talent Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this:

Since retiring after a 15-year playing career with the Cats, Lonergan has worked closely within the NAB League pathway, initially spending two seasons with the Calder Cannons as Talent Manager before stepping into the role of Talent Operations Lead at the Geelong Falcons, a position he has held since the end of 2020.

Sounds a bit similar to what Power did.

Football is about passion.

I mean check out how happy Tom looks to be wearing Navy Blue...

View attachment 1555636

:p
Surely, we need a 'Caption this'.
1668656426412-png.1555636

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have to be able to link and archive HUN articles. But you all might be interested to know that they are reporting we initially approached Ratts for this role.
Jay Clark
5 min read
November 18, 2022 - 12:55PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom.......
Brett Ratten has been linked with a return to Carlton, which made contact with the former Blues legend shortly after his sacking by St Kilda.
But Ratten, who led the Blues to a premiership in 1995 as part of a glittering 255-game playing career and coached Carlton from 2007-2012, has put off any decisions about next season.The Blues have since appointed Geelong premiership defender Tom Lonergan to the club’s development and talent manager role.

I like this:

Since retiring after a 15-year playing career with the Cats, Lonergan has worked closely within the NAB League pathway, initially spending two seasons with the Calder Cannons as Talent Manager before stepping into the role of Talent Operations Lead at the Geelong Falcons, a position he has held since the end of 2020.

Sounds a bit similar to what Power did.
Yup both are positive assets for the club and will foster a more focused approach in an area of need, both coaches will help accelerate and enhance our youth development.

The club has come to the conclusion that we needed better development coaches. Moved Power to the VFL coach and brought in Tom to help him out. Hopefully, we'll start seeing some of our young players coming through develop into good tough AFL players.

Oh... Welcome Tom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back