Toast Welcome to Carlton Tomas Bugg (Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluella I think it might have been you that previously commented on Dow's hair volume?; if so, I think the same comment may reasonably be applicable to Tom Bugg.

He was best 22 in a premiership contender before his suspension. This is astute draft work. He will be very determined and cherry ripe.

Agreed

I think he'll line up round 1 against the tigers. I imagine he'll clamp down on cotchin.

He was best 22 in a premiership contender before his suspension. This is astute draft work. He will be very determined and cherry ripe.
I think the most important thing is being told by SOS and Bolts to be himself. I dont know for certain but can imagine he always felt like he was s**t listed and trying to make up for his mistake and his lack of senior opportunity probably shows that he never really got that back. Playing your natural game rather than feeling like you constantly owe a debt is going to serve him well and will be a new lease of life for him.

Solid pick up. He belongs at AFL level. The only time I’ve ever seen him not give his all on the field was in the second half against the Swans after the Mills punch. That incident clearly rocked him but I believe he can come out of it the better. Expect him to be around for a while.

Also, I understand people form attachment to certain players, but he’s a clear upgrade on Lamb imo.

Good luck Buggy.

Solid pick up. He belongs at AFL level. The only time I’ve ever seen him not give his all on the field was in the second half against the Swans after the Mills punch. That incident clearly rocked him but I believe he can come out of it the better. Expect him to be around for a while.

Also, I understand people form attachment to certain players, but he’s a clear upgrade on Lamb imo.

Good luck Buggy.

I agree. Lamb had plenty of opportunities and just couldn't perform consistently.
I've always rated Bugg, and I'm looking to seeing some of the mongrel & forward pressure he'll add to our side.
ASOS out. Bugg in.

I agree. Lamb had plenty of opportunities and just couldn't perform consistently.
I've always rated Bugg, and I'm looking to seeing some of the mongrel & forward pressure he'll add to our side.
ASOS out. Bugg in.

Yes. He struggled at half forward last year like others did and was then flexible enough to be used in defence where he was solid. It was his best carlton year for games.

But in the end we have picked a better player and one who might actually add to scoring power rather than the odd goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always thought this bloke breached our DH policy. But when we compare him to Lamb, I have no real valid argument. He can play and I’m sure SOS has plenty of knowledge of him. Read somewhere early on that we may have even spoken to MEL about a trade for him and Hunt IIRC. Happy to give him another shot.

Speaking of Lamb, I didn’t think he was our worst by a fair way. Played a decent role I thought.

Always thought this bloke breached our DH policy. But when we compare him to Lamb, I have no real valid argument. He can play and I’m sure SOS has plenty of knowledge of him. Read somewhere early on that we may have even spoken to MEL about a trade for him and Hunt IIRC. Happy to give him another shot.

Speaking of Lamb, I didn’t think he was our worst by a fair way. Played a decent role I thought.
vested interest

ASOS out. Bugg in.
Thought Lamb was good but just couldnt hurt them going the other way. Great pest and defensive player. Seemed to lack the offensive smarts. Just not big bodied enough either really. Not sure if thats a fair assessment but from my armchair seems to be where its at and would have got another year if Bugg didnt become available. Definite upgrade and after reading his article and with SOS and Bolts approval im all for it.

regarding our DH policy... given we gave Rhys Palmer & Blaine Boekhurst a shot, I think we've pretty much thrown that out the window. If Bugg plays decent football for Carlton I'm confident none of us will be calling him a DH!

Bugg and Newman are very good additions to the team both versatile and solid skill, experienced and will be good support. I’m certain Fasolo and McGovern will both play Rd 1 too , we need to start with a positive impact.

* that

pudding-basin-lid-off.jpg

Bugg and Newman are very good additions to the team both versatile and solid skill, experienced and will be good support. I’m certain Fasolo and McGovern will both play Rd 1 too , we need to start with a positive impact.
I'd love Fasolo to come out and kick 6 in rd 1 just to get rid of the filth that will still be lingering after leaving the filth .

Wasn’t a big wrap for Bugg but We’re pretty thin on experienced players his age. I’m positive his an upgrade on Shaw, O’Shea, mullett. I reckon he’s going to play plenty because unfortunately there’s always injuries and the young fellas will need a spell.
Let’s wish him well and who knows he might surprise.

Good luck Buggy.
Yup agree good acquisition, mature body and can play footy. Bugg and Newman will be solid additions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back