Toast Welcome to Carlton Tomas Bugg (Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that thinks this was a good move?
I actually rate him above Jed because Ive seen Bugg get 25-30 possies when he was at GWS (though it was only one game and havnt seen it since) I never seen Jed even come close, I feel like Toms abit more flexible for positions around the ground which adds depth in many places, something we've been crying out for.

Am I the only one that thinks this was a good move?
I actually rate him above Jed because Ive seen Bugg get 25-30 possies when he was at GWS (though it was only one game and havnt seen it since) I never seen Jed even come close, I feel like Toms abit more flexible for positions around the ground which adds depth in many places, something we've been crying out for.
Agree 100%.

How much has he played in the midfield over his career?

Seems like a sideways move getting rid of Lamb but picking up Bugg. Anyway prove me wrong Tom. Welcome to Carlton.
Upgrade on Lamb IMO. Both out there to annoy and pressure and Bolts loves to use that kind of player to target someone all day but Lamb didnt do much going the other way whereas Bugg can. Pest style players arent known for being genuinely nice blokes and this guys gonna be no different. See what he brings to the table. Rookie listed and costs us nothing. If he doesnt fit seeya later and the kids are a year older so hes helped them through some more of our infancy. If he does work out great contract extension.

don't think I've ever read an article of such substance and brutal honesty by a footballer before - well done

Agreed and also a lot of respect to Callum Mills magnanimous attitude to Bugg after the awful incident.

Forgiveness is an underrated and (imo) underused human trait, some footy players have carried grudges for years over incidents like this and it can become toxic.

Agree 100%.

How much has he played in the midfield over his career?

I know he played it abit more mid at GWS I remember his first season I seen a few games and I was impressed but hasnt done much since, all this talk of him been a "thug" or whatever is bullocks if you ask me, theres a time when this game wasnt quite as soft or politically correct where he would have been lauded for his actions.
He punched a bloke, get over it, he didn't rape or murder anyone, like would you turn down Gaff because of his incident with Brayshaw? I know Toms not nearly as talented... but his wearing navy now so his part of the family if you ask me.

Last edited:
might be time to put up the which 3 players are you keenest to see next season thread - might be some surprises in there, bb17 - wondering if our list is finalized yet or is that silly pre-season thingy still to come........

I dont think theres any players we would be looking at for the SSP or SPP whatever one it is, Id love a Jye Bolton but highly unlikely imo I think were gonna save a list spot for that mid season draft, but I can only speculate, who knows what SOS is thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree ..the point was he cant be brilliant and dumb. Its a matter of looking at the whys and wherefores. These rookies are there because we have no choice but to fill a certain list length and we already have enough draft pick youth.
They are also there to make the VFL side better, this has been publically stated multiple times, but gets forgotten around here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back