Player Watch Arlo Draper (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

This was me when this trade went down live on RMC stream
View attachment 1287524
I’m sure your still very happy Pie 4 Life and I’m one very annoyed Essendon supporter. Draper is a player I’ve liked for awhile so I really hope he proves all those other clubs wrong who passed on him in the 2nd round.
**** it was the best few minutes of a draft.

Thunderstruck

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2003
Seaford Meadows, SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central District
Reckon Essendon must have been red hot on him because we disposed of a future third to move ahead two spots.

Twomey had him 15, pmbangers had him at 16, Knightmare had him at 17, edps had him at 16, Davo-27 had him at 27, M Alvaro (Rookieme) had him at 15, modern artillery had him at 24.

Huge at 45.

Absolutely ridiculous bargain. I had him at 8 on my overall power ranks. He's that consumate utility that can play inside or out, back or forward or middle. No troubles winning his own ball, strong overhead. Doesn't look super fast but he's quick, can close on opponents quickly when he wants to.

He's got those Bergman/Perkins like traits. Lots of upside and even though I'm very happy with Taylor, passing Draper with our pick before yours did cause some immense pain.

Reckon Essendon must have been red hot on him because we disposed of a future third to move ahead two spots.
Basically undoes the pick 36 trade for a few spots later and a future third??

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Looks the goods.. but took a 2 yr break from this all encompassing great game of ours.. mate had to convince to launch in to the pill again.

Decent gamble at that pick.. if he's on the ball and works hard.. kala.. could have a beauty.

Gl re..

May your cards be live.. and your pots be monsters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notes: The agile 186cm onballer weaves through traffic with ease and can go forward and hit the scoreboard - booting 10 goals and averaging 24 disposals in eight under-18 matches - with his strong overhead marking and allround class. After a strong return from injury at reserves level, the versatile 18-year-old, who has plenty of time with ball in hand, made his senior debut in Round 17, finishing with a goal from 11 disposals and five marks, playing a half-forward role. It’s been an interesting end to the year for the highly-rated Draper. He had an impact at senior level and showed off his key traits – inside 50 and through the middle – early in the under-19 carnival. But he didn’t take hold of the game in any position and then was injured in the grand final curtain raiser, keeping him out of draft combine. The question now is, where is Draper’s best position at the top level?

Stats:
2021 SANFL U18 (9 games):
140 ranking points, 24.3 disposals, 6.6 clearances, possessions, 10 goals (total)
2020 SANFL U18 (12 games): 107 ranking points, 18.8 disposals, 5.8 score involvements, 12 goal

Abdul_The_Bull

All Australian
Aug 3, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
He looks the goods, especially on the inside at the contest. It's always a little unsettling when a prospect falls so far down the draft. Although, I recall Grundy slipping from top 5 to around 20, so there are some exceptions. Let's hope he delivers...

He looks the goods, especially on the inside at the contest. It's always a little unsettling when a prospect falls so far down the draft. Although, I recall Grundy slipping from top 5 to around 20, so there are some exceptions. Let's hope he delivers...

Yeah when a Player Slides you always wondering/thinking/asking Why but hopefully he does workout that he proves that he was a Steal

It’s been mentioned a few times he played a game or two at half back.

Could you see him starting out there or a wing?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s a mid/forward more than half-back. Strong overhead, great clearance work.

He’s incredibly versatile though, can play anywhere. He played off HB for SA in that champs game before getting injured and looked the goods, he’s a forward runner so better being somewhere he can see the play too.

The knock on him was his two-way running because when his opponent won the ball at the stoppage he would (literally) walk, which he improved more towards the end before being injured. He’s a first round prospect if he can pull his finger out which hopefully comes in an elite environment. Like he looked super for say 80% of the game, if he can improve that 20% where he can be lethargic, then he’s got plenty of upside.

He’s a mid/forward more than half-back. Strong overhead, great clearance work.

He’s incredibly versatile though, can play anywhere. He played off HB for SA in that champs game before getting injured and looked the goods, he’s a forward runner so better being somewhere he can see the play too.

The knock on him was his two-way running because when his opponent won the ball at the stoppage he would (literally) walk, which he improved more forwards the end before being injured. He’s a first round prospect if he can pull his finger out which hopefully comes in an elite environment. Like he looked super for say 80% of the game, if he can improve that 20% where he can be lethargic, then he’s got plenty of upside.

Could he need to Build his Endurance to help improve that 20% of his Game or is it something else needs to be Worked on?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
ankle syndesmosis and a reported lack of endurance....but we can be hopeful
There's a fair bit of positive media as well, did you read that?

i responded to a question about why he might have dropped in the draft. He got the ankle injury which can have some serious long term implications, and there was a report that several clubs thought that he didnt have great endurance.... i'm not sure if that is related, as he only got the foot injury this year. It should be remembered that Tom Scully retired from footy because of a syndesmosis injury because of the pain associated with it. It's not the type of injury that gets fixed overnight.

Now there have been dozens of posts and reports telling us about how great a player he is. I hope he has a great career, but that doesnt mean that I'm going to ignore reality.\

Murley also had an ankle injury this year that kept him out of footy for 6 weeks so it wasn't just a rolled ankle. He was apparently a star at 16yo level, and I have no idea whether other clubs interest had cooled because of the injury.

Obviously the medical setup at the Pies and the fact these kids will have access to experts who can train them to run efficiently and safely, may mean that they will leave their injuries behind them. I'm sure every pie fan is hoping that.....

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
ankle syndesmosis and a reported lack of endurance....but we can be hopeful

i responded to a question about why he might have dropped in the draft. He got the ankle injury which can have some serious long term implications, and there was a report that several clubs thought that he didnt have great endurance.... i'm not sure if that is related, as he only got the foot injury this year. It should be remembered that Tom Scully retired from footy because of a syndesmosis injury because of the pain associated with it. It's not the type of injury that gets fixed overnight.

Now there have been dozens of posts and reports telling us about how great a player he is. I hope he has a great career, but that doesnt mean that I'm going to ignore reality.\

Murley also had an ankle injury this year that kept him out of footy for 6 weeks so it wasn't just a rolled ankle. He was apparently a star at 16yo level, and I have no idea whether other clubs interest had cooled because of the injury.

Obviously the medical setup at the Pies and the fact these kids will have access to experts who can train them to run efficiently and safely, may mean that they will leave their injuries behind them. I'm sure every pie fan is hoping that.....
Rolled ankle can absolutely be 6 weeks. If you roll it and damage ligaments it’s easily 6. Speaking from experience i rolled my ankle badly and doctor said I would have been back quicker if I had broken it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back