Player Watch Bassirou Faye

Remove this Banner Ad

So why is it so shocking that Collingwood has signed a kid on the other side of the planet who has never so much as smelt the leather of a Sherrin before?

(Nothing about Collingwood shocks me anymore)

So why is it so shocking that Collingwood has signed a kid on the other side of the planet who has never so much as smelt the leather of a Sherrin?

Not Taking a List Spot so why not take a Punt on him.

I remember another basketballer that had never played a game that this club recruited, the jury's still out on whether that was a good move or not. He's 30 now so time is running out.

At least Faye is 18

Rusty Beam

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
So why is it so shocking that Collingwood has signed a kid on the other side of the planet who has never so much as smelt the leather of a Sherrin before?

He was training with the Chargers before leaving the country and would have been playing this year.

Given our links there I’m pretty sure they would be across his skill set and attributes.

Don’t mind it because it costs nothing.

It additionally continues to build a multicultural environment and provide opportunity to non-traditional AFL circles, which can only be a good thing.

Have we promoted Wilson to main list?
By the sounds of it we don’t need to until the end of the year.

The International Rookie Scholarship player sits outside the club's maximum list of 44 players and acts in a similar manner to an Academy program.

For Faye to be eligible for AFL selection he would need to be upgraded to the AFL list at the end of the year or future years in the official player movement window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was training with the Chargers before leaving the country and would have been playing this year.

Given our links there I’m pretty sure they would be across his skill set and attributes.

Don’t mind it because it costs nothing.

It additionally continues to build a multicultural environment and provide opportunity to non-traditional AFL circles, which can only be a good thing.

They say when he comes back and have 2 Weeks in Quartine he can play for the Chargers this Season.

He is a Free Hit Really

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Have we promoted Wilson to main list?
No, we don't need to make changes to our list to sign him up, since he doesn't go on our "regular" list until (at the earliest) the end of the year. We should have a couple of Cat. B spots available by then, with Tohill and Wilson needing to move up or be let go.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

The headline and the opening paragraph are just so over the top that it's quite hilarious!:
1618565072393.png

"One of the biggest recruiting shocks in recent memory"!! Come on, he's not even on our proper list at this stage, and if he doesn't show enough promise he won't ever be! I am very pleased that we've made this signing, as I always want to see us take a chance and put Cat. B Rookies on the list, so hopefully he does show enough to get there.

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like it, already 202cm - might even grow a bit more

“He ran a sub-three-second 20m sprint and recorded an 84cm running vertical jump after testers were forced to increase the height limit to accommodate his jump.”

Athletic, teach him the art of ruck work and especially tap work and away we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back