ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
They could teach him rucking but he could be used forward he moves alright for a 6.8ft bloke and you never know after playing for Oakleigh he might become a sought after recruit and we get him for nothing I like that a lot.

He looks like a giant amongst those boys and none of them move as well as he does win win alround if you ask me.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like it, already 202cm - might even grow a bit more

“He ran a sub-three-second 20m sprint and recorded an 84cm running vertical jump after testers were forced to increase the height limit to accommodate his jump.”

Athletic, teach him the art of ruck work and especially tap work and away we go.

Good height and physicality (from his basketball highlights) for a KPD as well

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
They could teach him rucking but he could be used forward he moves alright for a 6.8ft bloke and you never know after playing for Oakleigh he might become a sought after recruit and we get him for nothing I like that a lot.

He looks like a giant amongst those boys and none of them move as well as he does win win alround if you ask me.
No we have to stop with these blokes as forwards. It doesn’t help the side. Forward is the hardest spot on the field and the one that requires the greatest understanding of the game.

Nov 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Hopefully Mason will mentor him for the 1st 12 months that he is here. Having already gone from complete novice, to playing on the AFL s biggest stage.
He must be the best choice for the role.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Hopefully Mason will mentor him for the 1st 12 months that he is here. Having already gone from complete novice, to playing on the AFL s biggest stage.
He must be the best choice for the role.
Probably better learning from coaches those who have grown up with the game
Ty Vickery was coaching/mentoring him at Oakleigh a few months ago, apparently. I'm hoping he (Faye) can get back to Australia soon enough and start playing for the Chargers, and that he can impress enough for us to maintain an interest in him. As things stand, he's not a listed Collingwood player, he's merely an International Scholarship player (who we have a hold on), and only if he does manage to really impress will he ever make it onto our list (as a Cat B. Rookie).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Cat B's are always a crap shoot, I won't make a call until a fair few have been through our system.

I feel like logically Cat. B players should be a lower likelihood of success than low picks or rookies. So to ever get ahead of yourself in regards to a Cat. B is likely to lead to disappointment.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel like logically Cat. B players should be a lower likelihood of success than low picks or rookies. So to ever get ahead of yourself in regards to a Cat. B is likely to lead to disappointment.
I always wait until the score is on the board before calling it.

Probably right, but I find these African guys quite exciting. There will be more and more of them in teams in years to come, more so ones born here though.

Probably right, but I find these African guys quite exciting. There will be more and more of them in teams in years to come, more so ones born here though.
There was an African guy playing for Newport last weekend against my local side. They had him in the ruck and he was smashing it 30 meters forward at every ruck contest. Just able to jump a lot higher, stronger and more explosive.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League

Yeah they are going to be a force when they grow up playing the game, for sure. Great athletes.

There was an African guy playing for Newport last weekend against my local side. They had him in the ruck and he was smashing it 30 meters forward at every ruck contest. Just able to jump a lot higher, stronger and more explosive.
Is it the fast twitch fiber thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back