Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for posting, was good to watch! Hopefully the lad takes his chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

v entertaining interview. sounds like he's coming from a long way back though.

just loved playing with 'the lads'. only decided half way through the year to give it a serious go. Was unfit and overweight at times, running a 8.15 2km as an 18 year old. liked to sleep in and be late for school. loved the party scene.

doesnt scream professional sportsman to me, but I like his pace and raw abilities

Last edited:

just loved playing with 'the lads'. only decided half way through the year to give it a serious go. Was unfit and overweight at times, running a 8.17 2km as an 18 year old. liked to sleep in and be late for school. loved the party scene.

doesnt scream professional sportsman to me, but I like his pace and raw abilities
And yet didn't he rank first across the entire SANFL in 2020 for i50 tackles? Kid's got genuine upside that has shown already.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

just loved playing with 'the lads'. only decided half way through the year to give it a serious go. Was unfit and overweight at times, running a 8.17 2km as an 18 year old. liked to sleep in and be late for school. loved the party scene.

Yeah, that was something that stuck out for me as well. Not many of his answers were what you'd expect from a highly driven professional young sportsman, but I'll give him and our recruiters the benefit of the doubt and assume he can be taught the right behaviours.

On the contrary, that is exactly the kid you want. You want the young man that woke up and decided to apply himself and now sees the fruits of his labour, he is the type that can strive and will continue to improve.
Too many kids have lived for nothing else and can't accept that they are not as good as they think they are or can't deal with injuries or setbacks.
Mind you all the above means nothing if he is not a good person, I presume they interviewed him and he convinced them that he is a good character and wants a career with CFC.

Sounds like someone Bucks would not like

Bucks would LOVE that he's turned himself around Dave....(if that's what he's done...lol) for mine he's quick and effective and we'll find out what he's like in the future. In the old terms we'd call him a "goer"

Bucks would LOVE that he's turned himself around Dave....(if that's what he's done...lol) for mine he's quick and effective and we'll find out what he's like in the future. In the old terms we'd call him a "goer"

As long as he stays on the Straight and Narrow and be a Robot

As long as he stays on the Straight and Narrow and be a Robot
TD constant repetition builds muscle memory, which in turn allows the player to concentrate on finding and exploiting opportunities rather than concentrating on mere technique.

Hopefully Bucks has moved on from cutting loose anyone whose character he doesn't like and coaches the players he has. There has been too much waste at Collingwood.

I would not get my Hopes up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back