Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have doubts, heard he was a chain smoker at secondary school.

I think that this is a bit over the top. I have it on good word that he'd dialled down the cigs by year 8, if only for occupational health and safety reasons when he started cooking up at a meth lab.

I don't think too many have written him off, just questioned the merit of taking him with pick 32. Hopefully he gets back to full training soon and can impact consistently at VFL level and silence the critics.

I think it shows how Much Upside the Recruiters think he has

No he doesn't.

Do you even know how he went in this seasons time trials?
How did he go?

On a separate note, it's nice to see a bit of levity injected in the the latter stages of this thread. The discussion of Sier prior to these welcome interventions was rather too serious, almost dour, for a recruit whose draft selection seems to have split posters into 2 camps - those who think he is a talented, speculative but astute pick who will eventually deliver on his promise, and those who think he was selected too early at 32, and is more likely to be a disappointment than a success. There are probably posters sparsely populating other camps, but for the sake of convenient labelling, two would seem to suffice by my reckoning.;)

How did he go?

On a separate note, it's nice to see a bit of levity injected in the the latter stages of this thread. The discussion of Sier prior to these welcome interventions was rather too serious, almost dour, for a recruit whose draft selection seems to have split posters into 2 camps - those who think he is a talented, speculative but astute pick who will eventually deliver on his promise, and those who think he was selected too early at 32, and is more likely to be a disappointment than a success. There are probably posters sparsely populating other camps, but for the sake of convenient labelling, two would seem to suffice by my reckoning.;)
No idea how he went. I think it's completely premature though to label a kid who came to the club without even completing a TAC preseason as having no tank. Make a judgement on his endurance once his fitness is up to par ffs.

No idea how he went. I think it's completely premature though to label a kid who came to the club without even completing a TAC preseason as having no tank. Make a judgement on his endurance once his fitness is up to par ffs.

I thought having no tank meant that your fitness isn't upto par? Players often enter the AFL with substandard endurance and develop an acceptable level after a few preseasons.

I thought having no tank meant that your fitness isn't upto par? Players often enter the AFL with substandard endurance and develop an acceptable level after a few preseasons.

Yes but part of it is genetics. Usain Bolt was probably never going to be a good marathon runner, nor Rob De Castella a sprinter.

Your genes are an important aspect of your endurance capabilities. Once fit we will know what his endurance potential woll be.

Frank's line of thought in this thread has been "he has no tank and tanks can't be developed".

Ridiculous, no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank's line of thought in this thread has been "he has no tank and tanks can't be developed".

Ridiculous, no?

Absolutely ridiculous. Endurance is the physical attribute that can be developed more easily than any other - admittedly some body types seem to really struggle.

Anyone can get fitter, but how fit is the question.
Did you know that Patrick Cripps was the unfittest player in his draft year? At the WA combine he came last in the TT by a large margin.

So there's still hope for my fat ass then?
I'm sure you could be amazingly fit if you were following an AFL club standard fitness program. If you're anything like me though you'd probably be chucking your guts up during the warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back